Cloud Computing Security Knowledge
£195.00 including VAT (was £495.00)Save £300.00
Offer ends 31 May 2022
- Course Type Online Course
- Course Duration 10 Hours
- Course Access 12 Months
- Awarded By CCSK
- Student Discount Card All students enrolled on this course are entitled to apply for a XO student discount card.
As cloud computing shows itself to be the future of information technology, several studies have pointed to the necessity of addressing the IT industry's skills gap and training professionals in both cloud computing and security.
Cloud computing is being aggressively adopted on a global basis as businesses seek to reduce costs and improve their agility. And one of the critical needs of the industry is to provide training and certification of professionals to assure that cloud computing is implemented responsibly, and with the appropriate security controls.
My Training Academy's Cloud Computing Security Knowledge course provides students thorough coverage of cloud security fundamentals and prepares them to take the Cloud Security Alliance CCSK certification exam. The course begins with a detailed description of cloud computing and then expands into all major domains such as; Governance and Risk Management, the Cloud Architectural Framework and Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery
The course is of particular interest to:
- IT infrastructure managers who need to understand and plan for Cloud adoption.
- IT professionals who need to better understand Cloud technologies.
- IT systems engineers who need to understand Cloud configuration, deployment and support.
- Professionals working within the Cloud IT sector who want to achieve the vendor neutral Cloud Security CCSK qualification.
Upon completing this course, the students will be experts in the following topics:
- Pass the CCSK Exam
- Understanding cloud computing security challenges
- Cloud computing security controls recommendation
- Elasticity, Resiliency and Measured Usage
- Understand the cloud computing architectural framework
The course has been designed to give you real-world knowledge that you can put to use from day one. It's highly flexible, so you can set your own timetable and study at your own pace.
We train our students to the very best standards, offering expert instructor-led training via our state of the art eLearning platform.
You'll sit an online exam. We provide interactive quizzes after each module and a mock exam at the end of your course to ensure you're fully prepared for the real thing. Once you've passed with at least 80%, you'll be able to book your exam as a private candidate.
To make life easier, we can give you all the information you need to book your exam. Please note that the CCSK exam fees aren’t included in the course price.
Once you’re fully prepared and ready to sit your exam, all you’ll have to do is purchase your exam voucher and take your exam online.
Got a question about exams? Contact our course advisors by email or by phone on 0808 175 1269. We're happy to help!
Our training works on all devices including Mobile phones, IPad’s, Android tablets, Macs and PC’s.
For the best viewing experience on our state-of-the-art eLearning platform we recommend an internet connection of 10Mbps or better. Please also use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your browser with Adobe Flash Player.
We've put together a list of relevant job titles you can apply for after achieving the Cloud Computing Security Knowledge certification (note that some careers may require further study, training and/or work experience):
- Cloud Computing Consultant
- Cloud Coach
- Cloud Engineer
- Cloud Architect
- Cloud Developer
- Cloud Specialist
Once you have achieved your certification, you'll have full access to our recruitment package for a wide range of information and advice - including:
- How to put together a killer CV, Covering Letters and Thank You emails.
- How to gain relevant work experience.
- How to prepare for interviews.
- How to understand Job adverts.
- How to choose the right recruitment agency.
- How to look for work on LinkedIn.
- Information on dealing with redundancy.
Our careers advice section is available for you to see now. For more information about our career advice services, contact us on 0808 175 1269 to speak with one of our friendly course advisors today.
- NIST Definitions
- Essential Characteristics
- Service Models
- Deployment Models
- CSA Cloud Reference Model
- Jericho Cloud Cube Model
- Cloud Security Reference Model
- Cloud Service Brokers
- Service Level Agreements
2: Governance and Enterprise Risk Management
- Contractual Security Requirements
- Enterprise and Information Risk Management
- Third Party Management Recommendations
- Supply chain examination
- Use of Cost Savings for Cloud
3: Legal Issues: Contracts and Electronic Discovery
- Consideration of cloud-related issues in three dimensions
- E-Discovery considerations
- Jurisdictions and data locations
- Liability for activities of subcontractors
- Due diligence responsibility
- Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and electronically stored information
- Litigation hold
4: Compliance and Audit Management
- Definition of Compliance
- Right to audit
- Compliance impact on cloud contracts
- Audit scope and compliance scope
- Compliance analysis requirements
- Auditor requirements
5: Information Management and Data Security
- Six phases of the Data Security Lifecycle and their key elements
- Volume storage
- Object storage
- Logical vs physical locations of data
- Three valid options for protecting data
- Data Loss Prevention
- Detection Data Migration to the Cloud
- Encryption in IaaS, PaaS & SaaS
- Database Activity Monitoring and File Activity Monitoring
- Data Backup
- Data Dispersion
- Data Fragmentation
6: Interoperability and Portability
- Definitions of Portability and Interoperability
- Virtualization impacts on Portability and Interoperability
- SAML and WS-Security
- Size of Data Sets
- Lock-In considerations by IaaS, PaaS & SaaS delivery models
- Mitigating hardware compatibility issues
7: Traditional Security, Business Continuity, and Disaster Recovery
- Four D's of perimeter security
- Cloud backup and disaster recovery services
- Customer due diligence related to BCM/DR
- Business Continuity Management/Disaster Recovery due diligence
- Restoration Plan
- Physical location of cloud provider
8: Data Center Operations
- Relation to Cloud Controls Matrix
- Queries run by data center operators
- Technical aspects of a Provider's data center operations for customers
- Logging and report generation in multi-site clouds
9: Incident Response
- Factor allowing for more efficient and effective containment and recovery in a cloud
- Main data source for detection and analysis of an incident
- Investigating and containing an incident in an Infrastructure as a Service environment
- Reducing the occurrence of application level incidents
- How often should incident response testing occur
- Offline analysis of potential incidents
10: Application Security
- Identity, entitlement, and access management (IdEA)
- SDLC impact and implications
- Differences in S-P-I models
- Consideration when performing a remote vulnerability test of a cloud-based application
- Categories of security monitoring for applications
- Entitlement matrix
11: Encryption and Key Management
- Adequate encryption protection of data in the cloud
- Key management best practices, location of keys, keys per user
- Relationship to tokenization, masking, anonymization and cloud database controls
12: Identity, Entitlement, and Access Management
- Relationship between identities and attributes
- Identity Federation
- Relationship between Policy Decision Point (PDP) and Policy Enforcement Point (PEP)
- SAML and WS-Federation
- Provisioning and authoritative sources
- Security concerns for hypervisor architecture
- VM guest hardening, blind spots, VM Sprawl, data Commingling, instant-on gaps
- In-Motion VM characteristics that can create a serious complexity for audits
- How can virtual machine communications bypass network security controls
- VM attack surfaces
- Compartmentalization of VMs
14: Security as a Service
- 10 categories
- Barriers to developing full confidence in security as a service (SECaaS)
- Deployment of Security as a Service in a regulated industry prior SLA
- Logging and reporting implications
- How can web security as a service be deployed
- What measures do Security as a Service providers take to earn the trust of their customers
- ENISA Cloud Computing: Benefits, Risks and Recommendations for Information Security
- Isolation failure
- Economic Denial of Service
- Licensing Risks
- VM hopping
- Five key legal issues common across all scenarios
- Top security risks in ENISA research
- Underlying vulnerability in Loss of Governance
- User provisioning vulnerability
- Risk concerns of a cloud provider being acquired
- Security benefits of cloud
- Data controller vs data processor definitions in Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), who is responsible for guest systems monitoring
EXPERT INSTRUCTOR-LED TRAINING
We only uses the industry’s finest instructors to develop our courses. They have a minimum of 15 years real-world experience and are subject matter experts in their fields. Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
QUIZZES & EXAM SIMULATORS
Our custom practice exams prepare you for your exams differently and more effectively than the traditional exam preps on the market. You will have practice quizzes after each module to ensure you are confident on the topic you have completed before proceeding. This will allow you to gauge your effectiveness before moving to the next module in your course. Our Courses also include practice exams designed to replicate and mirror the environment in the testing centre. These exams are on average 100 questions to ensure you are 100% prepared before taking your certification exam.
VISUAL DEMONSTRATIONS & MULTIMEDIA PRESENTATIONS
Our courseware includes instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations that allow students to develop their skills based on real world scenarios explained by the instructor. Our Courseware always focuses on real world scenarios and skill-set development.
NAVIGATION & CONTROLS
Our self-paced training programs are designed in a modular fashion to allow you the flexibility to work with expert level instruction anytime 24/7. All courses are arranged in defined sections with navigation controls allowing you to control the pace of your training. This allows students to learn at their own pace around their schedule.
SOCIAL LEARNING & NETWORKING
We Have designed a world class Learning Management System (LMS). This system allows you to interact and collaborate with other students, form study groups, engage in discussions in our NOW@ Forums, rate and “like” different courses and stay up to date with all the latest industry knowledge through our forums, student contributions and announcement features. This LMS is unmatched in the industry and makes learning fun and enjoyable.
FLASH CARDS & EDUCATIONAL GAMES
Our Courseware knows that education is not a one size fits all approach. Students learn in different ways through different tools. That is why we provide Flash Cards and Education Games throughout our courses. This will allow you to train in ways that keep you engaged and focused. Each course will have dozens of Flash Cards so you can sharpen your skill-sets throughout your training as well as educational games designed to make sure your retention level of the materials is extremely high.
12 MONTHS UNLIMITED ACCESS
Each student will have 12 months unlimited access to allow you to have access to the training anytime 24/7.
Need Practical Experience?
As a bolt-on option, we offer Practice Labs as it provides users with an online lab platform to develop their practical skills in IT technologies such as CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco and VMWare.
In addition to the hardware you require, you also gain access to high quality practical exercises covering exam topics to help you to maximize your study time and increase your results. Practice Labs are highly effective and offer a cheaper alternative to setting up your own test environment.
You will gain unlimited access to the Practice Labs for 12 months- helping you to consolidate your learning and prepare you for work.
Gain access to our E-Book's Library
This bolt-on option will provide you with a wealth of research and reference material to help you make the most of your studies. Our e-book's library will serve as a great addition to your course material and provide massive savings in comparison to the cost of buying additional study books to support your learning.
For more information about our career advice services, contact us on 0808 175 1269 to speak with one of our friendly course advisors today.
We make it our absolute mission to give you the training you need and the service you deserve. Hear what our students say about us...
A new way to pay
3 Easy Payments
on baskets between £35 and £1,000
- Pay in 3 equal payments every 30 days
- No fees, interest or credit agreement.
- Instant credit approval at checkout
- Safe and secure - you're covered through Klarna's Buyer Protection Policy.
- Easily manage payments online or through the Klarna app.
HOW TO GET STARTED?
- Add your course to basket and proceed to checkout.
- Ensure you have sufficient funds available in your card to cover the first payment.
- Select “Klarna” as your payment method and place your order.
- Your order will be dispatched as normal and the two remaining payments will be taken at 30 and 60 days.
- Klarna will send you an email confirmation and reminders when it’s time to pay.
Spread the cost up to 4 years*
on baskets over £250
- Spread the cost from 6 months up to 4 years – you choose the term
- 0% interest on terms of 6-36 months
- 9.99% interest on terms of 48 months
Representative example without 0% or 9.99% offers: Representative 18.9% APR (variable) Purchase interest rate 18.9% p.a. (variable) Assumed credit limit £1,200
- Buy now, pay in 30 days
- 3 easy payments
- Spread the cost
Look for Klarna
*Credit offered subject to financial circumstances. Must be 18. T&Cs apply.
Klarna: Subject to financial circumstances. You must be at least 18. Credit is provided by Klarna Bank AB, which is authorised and regulated by the Swedish Financial Services Authority, with limited supervision by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority in the UK. Registered office: Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden. Corporation ID number: 556737-0431. If you already have a Klarna Credit account, this purchase will be added to your balance.
Pay in 30 days: The payment period is 30 days from shipment of goods. Full terms and conditions
3 Easy Payments: A third is payable on the day of purchase. The balance is paid in two equal monthly instalments over the following two months. Open to anyone with a UK registered debit or credit card.
The payment methods Pay in 30 days and 3 Easy Payments are only available in case of a positive credit assessment. For this purpose, during the order process and handling of your purchase, we forward your data for an address and credit check to Klarna. We can only offer you the payment methods available based on the result of the credit check. General information about Klarna and the user terms per country can be found on klarna.com. Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Klarna's privacy statement.