Cisco CCENT Course with Practice Lab
£295.00 including VAT
- Course Type Online Course
- Course Duration 35 Hours
- Course Access 12 Months
- Awarded By Cisco
- Student Discount Card All students enrolled on this course are entitled to apply for a XO student discount card.
To prepare for the latest Cisco CCNA certification exam, please visit Cisco CCNA 200-301 course.
Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CCENT) course provides students with the skills and knowledge required for entry level network support roles. You will learn how to install, operate and troubleshoot a small enterprise's branch network and basic network security.
CCENT is the starting point towards your career in Networking. Our curriculum covers networking fundamentals, WAN technologies, wireless concepts and basic security, routing and switching fundamentals, and configuring simple networks.
Completing the CCENT will prepare you for the next step up, the CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Association) course, which covers medium sized enterprise's branch networks with more complex connections.
As part of this course package, learners will also have access to an online Cisco CCENT Practice Lab to develop their practical skills whilst learning. Practice Labs makes studying for an exam or learning new technologies an engaging experience, as It offers:
- Exam based practical tasks
- Real equipment, absolutely no simulations
- Access to the latest industry technologies
- Available anytime, anywhere on any device
- Break and Reset functionality
- No hardware or licensing costs
The course has no formal entry requirements, and is designed to give you real-world knowledge that you can put to use from day one. It's highly flexible, so you can set your own timetable and study at your own pace.
We train our students to the very best standards, offering expert instructor-led training via our state of the art eLearning platform.
Ideal for those who are looking to embark on a career in network management or are already in IT and require the certifications to enhance their CV.
Our Cisco CCENT online course is a cost-effective and successful approach for many individuals and teams. It provides a flexible learning method, allowing candidates to schedule learning at a time that suits them and fits in with other commitments; ideal for those who find it difficult to take time away from their workplace. It also allows candidates to work at their own pace, and revisit sections of the course as often as needed, leading to a fuller understanding of all the topics covered.
In addition, there are none of the high costs of travel and accommodation associated with courses at an external venue.
To earn your official CCENT certification from Cisco, you will need to study the Cisco CCENT training course and pass the compulsory Cisco CCENT exam.
- Cisco 100-105
To prepare you for your exam, we provide interactive quizzes after each module and a mock exam at the end of your course to ensure you’re fully prepared for the real thing. Once you’ve passed with at least 85%, you’ll be ready to book your exam as a private candidate. To make life easier, we can help you find an appropriate exam centre and give you all the information you need to secure your place.
Please note that the Cisco exam fees aren’t included in the course price. To find the latest exam prices, visit:
Once you’re fully prepared and ready to sit your exam, all you’ll have to do is purchase your exam voucher and schedule your exam at a test centre near you. You can use the Pearson Vue Test Locator to find test centre locations near you. For more information on how to schedule your exams, please visit our schedule my exams page.
Got a question about exams? Contact our course advisors by email or by phone on 0808 175 1269. We're happy to help!
Our training works on all devices including Mobile phones, IPad’s, Android tablets, Macs and PC’s.
For the best viewing experience on our state-of-the-art eLearning platform we recommend an internet connection of 10Mbps or better. Please also use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your browser with Adobe Flash Player.
We've put together a list of relevant job titles you can apply for after achieving the Cisco CCENT certification (note that some careers may require further study, training and/or work experience):
- Entry-level Network Engineers
- Help Desks
- Network Administrators
- Network Specialist
- Network Administrator
- Network Support Engineer
Once you have achieved your certification, you'll have full access to our recruitment package for a wide range of information and advice - including:
- How to put together a killer CV, Covering Letters and Thank You emails.
- How to gain relevant work experience.
- How to prepare for interviews.
- How to understand Job adverts.
- How to choose the right recruitment agency.
- How to look for work on LinkedIn.
- Information on dealing with redundancy.
Our careers advice section is available for you to see now. For more information about our career advice services, contact us on 0808 175 1269 to speak with one of our friendly course advisors today.
Getting a Cisco certification will always help you stand out from the crowd, now and in the future - whether you're just starting out, developing your career, or changing direction entirely.
Research by e-Skills UK has shown that IT and telecommunications now employs 1 in 20 of the UK workforce. It also suggests the digital sector will need nearly 300,000 new recruits by 2020 to meet the demand for skills in this area.
Course SyllabusModule 1 – Introduction to Networking
- Building a Simple Network
- Understanding the Host-to-Host Communications Model
- Local Area Networks LANs
- Need for Switches
- Operating Cisco Software
- Managing Cisco IOS Configurations
- Improving the User Experience
- Switch Installation
- Basic Switch Configuration
- Initial Start-up Status
- Ethernet and Switch Operation
- Lab Topology Diagram Lab Overview
- Troubleshooting Common Switch Media
- Troubleshoot Connectivity Lab Overview
- Establishing Internet Connectivity
- IP Address Classes
- IP Resolution
- Summary of Layer 3
- Understanding IP Addressing and Subnets
- TCP/IP Transport Layer Functions
- TCP vs. UDP Analogy
- TCP Characteristics and Summary
- Exploring the Functions of Routing
- Configuring a Cisco Router
- Route Configuration and Setup
- Exploring the Packet Delivery Process
- Enabling Static Routing
- Managing Traffic Using ACLs
- Enabling Internet Connectivity
- Improved Usability of CLI Lab
- Enabling Static Routing
- Configure DHCP
- Configure NAT
- Configure NAT with PAT
- Securing Administrative Access
- Enhancing the Security of the Initial Configuration
- Enhancing Security of Routers and Switches
- Implementing Device Hardening
- Device Hardening
- Implementing Traffic Filtering with ACLs
- Filtering Traffic with ACLs
- Implementing VLANs & Trunks
- Configuring a Trunk & Physical Redundancy in a LAN
- VLAN Summary
- Routing Between VLANs
- Configuring Router with a Trunk Link
- Configuring Expanded Switched Networks
- Cisco Network Device As a DHCP Server
- Configuring a DHCP Server
- DHCP Pools
- Introducing WAN Technologies
- Dynamic Routing Protocols
- Distance Vector and Link-State Routing Protocols
- Link-State Routing Protocols
- Implementing OSPF
- Intro to IP version 6
- IP version 6
- Configure and Verify IPv6
- Understanding IPv6
- Configure and Verify Stateless Auto configuration
- Configuring IPv6 Routing
- Configure and Verify IPv6 Routing
EXPERT INSTRUCTOR-LED TRAINING
We only use the industry’s finest instructors to develop our courses. They have a minimum of 15 years real-world experience and are subject matter experts in their fields. Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
QUIZZES & EXAM SIMULATORS
Our custom practice exams prepare you for your exams differently and more effectively than the traditional exam preps on the market. You will have practice quizzes after each module to ensure you are confident on the topic you have completed before proceeding. This will allow you to gauge your effectiveness before moving to the next module in your course. Our Courses also include practice exams designed to replicate and mirror the environment in the testing centre. These exams are on average 100 questions to ensure you are 100% prepared before taking your certification exam.
VISUAL DEMONSTRATIONS & MULTIMEDIA PRESENTATIONS
Our courseware includes instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations that allow students to develop their skills based on real world scenarios explained by the instructor. Our Courseware always focuses on real world scenarios and skill-set development.
NAVIGATION & CONTROLS
Our self-paced training programs are designed in a modular fashion to allow you the flexibility to work with expert level instruction anytime 24/7. All courses are arranged in defined sections with navigation controls allowing you to control the pace of your training. This allows students to learn at their own pace around their schedule.
SOCIAL LEARNING & NETWORKING
We Have designed a world class Learning Management System (LMS). This system allows you to interact and collaborate with other students, form study groups, engage in discussions in our NOW@ Forums, rate and “like” different courses and stay up to date with all the latest industry knowledge through our forums, student contributions and announcement features. This LMS is unmatched in the industry and makes learning fun and enjoyable.
FLASH CARDS & EDUCATIONAL GAMES
Our Courseware knows that education is not a one size fits all approach. Students learn in different ways through different tools. That is why we provide Flash Cards and Education Games throughout our courses. This will allow you to train in ways that keep you engaged and focused. Each course will have dozens of Flash Cards so you can sharpen your skill-sets throughout your training as well as educational games designed to make sure your retention level of the materials is extremely high.
12 MONTHS UNLIMITED ACCESS
Each student will have 12 months unlimited access to allow you to have access to the training anytime 24/7.
Need Practical Experience?
As a bolt-on option, we offer Practice Labs as it provides users with an online lab platform to develop their practical skills in IT technologies such as CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco and VMWare.
In addition to the hardware you require, you also gain access to high quality practical exercises covering exam topics to help you to maximize your study time and increase your results. Practice Labs are highly effective and offer a cheaper alternative to setting up your own test environment.
You will gain unlimited access to the Practice Labs for 12 months- helping you to consolidate your learning and prepare you for work.
Gain access to our E-Book's Library
This bolt-on option will provide you with a wealth of research and reference material to help you make the most of your studies. Our e-book's library will serve as a great addition to your course material and provide massive savings in comparison to the cost of buying additional study books to support your learning.
For more information about our career advice services, contact us on 0808 175 1269 to speak with one of our friendly course advisors today.
We make it our absolute mission to give you the training you need and the service you deserve. Hear what our students say about us...
A new way to pay
3 Easy Payments
on baskets between £35 and £1,000
- Pay in 3 equal payments every 30 days
- No fees, interest or credit agreement.
- Instant credit approval at checkout
- Safe and secure - you're covered through Klarna's Buyer Protection Policy.
- Easily manage payments online or through the Klarna app.
HOW TO GET STARTED?
- Add your course to basket and proceed to checkout.
- Ensure you have sufficient funds available in your card to cover the first payment.
- Select “Klarna” as your payment method and place your order.
- Your order will be dispatched as normal and the two remaining payments will be taken at 30 and 60 days.
- Klarna will send you an email confirmation and reminders when it’s time to pay.
Spread the cost up to 4 years*
on baskets over £250
- Spread the cost from 6 months up to 4 years – you choose the term
- 0% interest on terms of 6-36 months
- 9.99% interest on terms of 48 months
Representative example without 0% or 9.99% offers: Representative 18.9% APR (variable) Purchase interest rate 18.9% p.a. (variable) Assumed credit limit £1,200
- Buy now, pay in 30 days
- 3 easy payments
- Spread the cost
Look for Klarna
*Credit offered subject to financial circumstances. Must be 18. T&Cs apply.
Klarna: Subject to financial circumstances. You must be at least 18. Credit is provided by Klarna Bank AB, which is authorised and regulated by the Swedish Financial Services Authority, with limited supervision by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority in the UK. Registered office: Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden. Corporation ID number: 556737-0431. If you already have a Klarna Credit account, this purchase will be added to your balance.
Pay in 30 days: The payment period is 30 days from shipment of goods. Full terms and conditions
3 Easy Payments: A third is payable on the day of purchase. The balance is paid in two equal monthly instalments over the following two months. Open to anyone with a UK registered debit or credit card.
The payment methods Pay in 30 days and 3 Easy Payments are only available in case of a positive credit assessment. For this purpose, during the order process and handling of your purchase, we forward your data for an address and credit check to Klarna. We can only offer you the payment methods available based on the result of the credit check. General information about Klarna and the user terms per country can be found on klarna.com. Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Klarna's privacy statement.