£195.00 including VAT (was £295.00)Save £100.00
Offer ends 31 May 2022
- Course Type Online Course
- Course Duration 33 Hours
- Course Access 12 Months
- Awarded By MTA
- Student Discount Card All students enrolled on this course are entitled to apply for a XO student discount card.
Ethical Hacker training course enables students to identify, counter and defend hackers from penetrating networks and gaining access to vital information. This will allow students to deploy proactive countermeasures and in turn, stay ahead of information security developments and exploited vulnerabilities.
Topics included in this course are: DDOS Attacks, Detection, Policy Creation, Social Engineering, Virus Creation and Buffer Overflows to name a few.
The course has been designed to give you real-world knowledge that you can put to use from day one. It's highly flexible, so you can set your own timetable and study at your own pace.
We train our students to the very best standards, offering expert instructor-led training via our state of the art eLearning platform.
Our training works on all devices including Mobile phones, IPad’s, Android tablets, Macs and PC’s.
For the best viewing experience on our state-of-the-art eLearning platform we recommend an internet connection of 10Mbps or better. Please also use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your browser with Adobe Flash Player.
We've put together a list of relevant job titles (note that some careers may require further study, training and/or work experience):
- Cyber Security Manager
- IT Security Officer
- Threat and Vulnerability Analyst
- Penetration Tester
- Site Administrator
- Application Security Consultant
Once you enrol on a course with us, you'll have full access to our recruitment package for a wide range of information and advice - including:
- How to put together a killer CV, Covering Letters and Thank You email's.
- How to gain relevant work experience.
- How to prepare for interviews.
- How to understand Job adverts.
- How to choose the right recruitment agency.
- How to look for work on LinkedIn.
- Information on dealing with redundancy.
Our careers advice section is available for you to see now. For more information about our career advice services, contact us on 0808 175 1269 to speak with one of our friendly course advisors today.
Ethical Hacking Course Syllabus
This highly hands-on course gives participants experience in network and system penetration testing. The topics in this course cover a broad range of ethical hacking concepts and techniques, and will provide you with a solid foundation to pursue advanced cyber security studies.
Module 1 - Introduction to Ethical Hacking
In this module, you will learn the basics of ethical hacking. The topics are:
- 1.1 Information Security Overview
• 1.2 Information Security Threats and Attack Vectors
• 1.3 Hacking Concepts, Types, and Phases
• 1.4 Ethical Hacking Concepts and Scope
• 1.5 Information Security Controls
• 1.6 Penetration Testing Concepts
• 1.7 Information Security Laws and Standards
Module 2 - Footprinting and Reconnaissance.
In this module, you will learn how to perform passive intelligence gathering to obtain background information on your target. The topics are:
- 2.1 Footprinting Concepts
• 2.2 Footprinting Methodology
• 2.3 Footprinting Tools
• 2.4 Footprinting Countermeasures
• 2.5 Footprinting Penetration Testing
Module 3 - Network Scanning
In this module, you will learn how to actively scan your targets for open ports, vulnerable services, and other details that can be used to exploit the system. The topics are:
- 3.1 Scanning Concepts
• 3.2 Discovery Scans
• 3.3 Port Scans
• 3.4 Nmap
• 3.5 Nmap Stealth Scans
• 3.6 Nmap Options
• 3.7 Hping and Other Scanners
• 3.8 SSDP Scanning
• 3.9 Scanning Beyond IDS and Firewall
• 3.10 Banner Grabbing
• 3.11 Scanning Penetration Testing
Module 4 - Enumeration
In this module, you will learn how to use different protocols to obtain internal details about users, groups, policies, services, and shared resources on a target. The topics are:
- 4.1 Enumeration Concepts
• 4.2 NetBIOS Enumeration
• 4.3 SNMP Enumeration
• 4.4 LDAP Enumeration
• 4.5 NTP Enumeration
• 4.6 SMTP and DNS Enumeration
• 4.7 Enumeration Countermeasures
• 4.8 Enumeration Penetration Testing
Module 5 - Vulnerability Analysis
In this module, you will learn how to analyze and rank discovered vulnerabilities. The topics are:
- 5.1 Vulnerability Assessment Concepts
• 5.2 Vulnerability Assessment Solutions
• 5.3 Vulnerability Scoring Systems
• 5.4 Vulnerability Assessment Tools and Reports
Module 6 - Malware Threats
In this module, you will learn about malware and how to use it against a target. The topics are:
- 6.1 Introduction to Malware
• 6.2 Trojan Concepts
• 6.3 Virus and Worm Concepts
• 6.4 Malware Reverse Engineering
• 6.5 Malware Detection
• 6.6 Countermeasures
• 6.7 Anti-malware Software
• 6.8 Malware Penetration Testing
Module 7 - Sniffing
In this module, you will learn how to sniff and intercept traffic on a network. The topics are:
- 7.1 Sniffing Concepts
• 7.2 DHCP Attacks
• 7.3 MAC Attacks
• 7.4 ARP Poisoning
• 7.5 DNS Poisoning
• 7.7 Sniffing Tools
• 7.8 Countermeasures
• 7.9 Sniffing Detection Techniques
• 7.10 Sniffing Penetration Testing
Module 8 - Social Engineering
In this module, you will learn how to social engineer users. The topics are:
- 8.1 Social Engineering Concepts
• 8.2 Social Engineering Techniques
• 8.3 Impersonation on Social Media Sites
• 8.4 Identity Theft
• 8.5 Social Engineering Countermeasures
• 8.6 Social Engineering Penetration Testing
Module 9 - Denial of Service
In this module, you will learn how to conduct denial of service attacks. The topics are:
- 9.1 DoS/DDoS Concepts
• 9.2 Common DoS/DDoS Attack Techniques
• 9.3 Additional DoS Attack Types
• 9.4 Botnets
• 9.5 DoS Countermeasures
• 9.6 DoS Penetration Testing
Module 10 - Session Hijacking
In this module, you will learn how to hijack network sessions. The topics are:
- 10.1 Session Hijacking Concepts
• 10.2 Browser Session Hijacking
• 10.3 Ways to Compromise a Session Token
• 10.4 Client Side Attacks
• 10.5 Session Hijacking at the Network Level
• 10.6 Session Hijacking Tools
• 10.7 Session Hijacking Countermeasures
• 10.8 Session Hijacking Penetration Testing
Module 11 - Hacking Webservers
In this module, you will learn how to hack webservers. The topics are:
- 11.1 Webserver Concepts
• 11.2 Webserver Attacks
• 11.3 Methodology of Webserver Attacks
• 11.4 Webserver Attack Tools
• 11.5 Webserver Attack Countermeasures
• 11.6 Webserver Patch Management
• 11.7 Webserver Security Tools
• 11.8 Webserver Pen Testing
Module 12 - Hacking Web Applications
In this module, you will learn how to attack web applications. The topics are:
- 12.1 Web Application Concepts
• 12.2 Web App Vulnerabilities and Exploits
• 12.3 Web Application Threats
• 12.4 Injection Attacks
• 12.5 Hidden Fields and Clickjacking
• 12.6 Cross Site Attacks
• 12.7 Additional Web App Attacks
• 12.8 Web App Hacking Methodology
• 12.9 Web App Hacking Countermeasures
• 12.10 Web App Security Tools
• 12.11 Web Application Pen Testing
Module 13 - SQL Injection
In this module, you will learn how to attack databases with SQL injection. The topics are:
- 13.1 SQL Injection Concepts
• 13.2 Types of SQL Injections
• 13.3 SQL Injection Methodology
• 13.4 SQL Injection Tools
• 13.5 SQL Injection Countermeasures
Module 14 - Hacking Wireless Networks
In this module, you will learn how to attack wireless networks. The topics are:
- 14.1 Wireless Concepts
• 14.2 Wireless Discovery and Mapping
• 14.3 Wi-Fi Sniffers
• 14.4 Wi-Fi Attacks
• 14.5 Wi-Fi Cracking
• 14.6 Wireless Hacking Tools
• 14.7 Bluetooth Hacking
• 14.8 Wireless Hacking Countermeasures
• 14.9 Wireless Security Tools
• 14.10 Wireless Penetration Testing
Module 15 - System Hacking
In this module you will learn about attacking Windows and Linux systems. The topics are:
- 15.1 System Hacking Methodology
• 15.2 Windows System Vulnerabilities and Exploits
• 15.3 Linux System Vulnerabilities and Exploits
• 15.4 Password Cracking Methods
• 15.5 Network Service Password Cracking
• 15.6 Windows Password Cracking
• 15.7 Linux Password Cracking
• 15.8 Password Cracking Tools
• 15.9 Other Methods for Obtaining Passwords
• 15.10 Keylogging
• 15.11 Spyware
• 15.12 Rootkits
• 15.13 Hiding Files
• 15.14 Steganography
• 15.15 Privilege Escalation
• 15.16 Creating and Maintaining Remote Access
• 15.17 Hiding Evidence
• 15.18 System Hacking Penetration Testing
Module 16 - Hacking Mobile Platforms
In this module, you will learn how to attack mobile devices. The topics are:
- 16.1 Mobile Platform Attack Vectors
• 16.2 Hacking Android OS
• 16.3 Rooting Android
• 16.4 Securing Android
• 16.5 Hacking iOS
• 16.6 Jailbreaking iOS
• 16.7 Securing iOS
• 16.8 Hacking Windows Phone OS
• 16.9 Hacking Blackberry
• 16.10 Mobile Device Management
• 16.11 Mobile Security Guidelines and Tools
• 16.12 Mobile Penetration Testing
Module 17 - Evading IDS, Firewalls, and Honeypots
In this module, you will learn how to evade network defence mechanisms. The topics are:
- 17.1 Intrusion Detection
• 17.2 Firewalls
• 17.3 Honeypots
• 17.4 IDS, Firewall, and Honeypot Tools
• 17.5 Evasion
• 17.6 Evasion Countermeasures
• 17.7 IDS/Firewall/ Honeypot Penetration Testing
Module 18 - Crytopgraphy
In this module, you will learn how to utilize and attack cryptographic technologies. The topics are:
- 18.1 Cryptography Concepts
• 18.2 Encryption Algorithms
• 18.3 Cryptography Tools
• 18.4 Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
• 18.5 Email Encryption
• 18.6 Disk Encryption
• 18.7 Cryptography Attacks
• 18.8 Cryptography Penetration Testing
Module 19 - Cloud Computing
In this module, you will learn how to attack computer cloud systems. The topics are:
- 19.1 Introduction to Cloud Computing
• 19.2 Virtualization
• 19.3 Cloud Computing Threats
• 19.4 Countermeasures to Cloud Computing Threats
• 19.5 Cloud Computing Attacks
• 19.6 Cloud Security
• 19.7 Cloud Security Best Practices
• 19.8 Cloud Penetration Testing
Module 20 - IoT Hacking
In this module, you will learn how to attack the Internet of Things. The topics are:
- 20.1 IoT Concepts
• 20.2 IoT Vulnerabilities and Attacks
• 20.3 IoT Hacking Methodology and Tools
• 20.4 IoT Hacking Countermeasures
• 20.5 IoT Penetration Testing
EXPERT INSTRUCTOR-LED TRAINING
We only uses the industry’s finest instructors to develop our courses. They have a minimum of 15 years real-world experience and are subject matter experts in their fields. Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
QUIZZES & EXAM SIMULATORS
Our custom practice exams prepare you for your exams differently and more effectively than the traditional exam preps on the market. You will have practice quizzes after each module to ensure you are confident on the topic you have completed before proceeding. This will allow you to gauge your effectiveness before moving to the next module in your course. Our Courses also include practice exams designed to replicate and mirror the environment in the testing centre. These exams are on average 100 questions to ensure you are 100% prepared before taking your certification exam.
VISUAL DEMONSTRATIONS & MULTIMEDIA PRESENTATIONS
Our courseware includes instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations that allow students to develop their skills based on real world scenarios explained by the instructor. Our Courseware always focuses on real world scenarios and skill-set development.
NAVIGATION & CONTROLS
Our self-paced training programs are designed in a modular fashion to allow you the flexibility to work with expert level instruction anytime 24/7. All courses are arranged in defined sections with navigation controls allowing you to control the pace of your training. This allows students to learn at their own pace around their schedule.
SOCIAL LEARNING & NETWORKING
We Have designed a world class Learning Management System (LMS). This system allows you to interact and collaborate with other students, form study groups, engage in discussions in our NOW@ Forums, rate and “like” different courses and stay up to date with all the latest industry knowledge through our forums, student contributions and announcement features. This LMS is unmatched in the industry and makes learning fun and enjoyable.
FLASH CARDS & EDUCATIONAL GAMES
Our Courseware knows that education is not a one size fits all approach. Students learn in different ways through different tools. That is why we provide Flash Cards and Education Games throughout our courses. This will allow you to train in ways that keep you engaged and focused. Each course will have dozens of Flash Cards so you can sharpen your skill-sets throughout your training as well as educational games designed to make sure your retention level of the materials is extremely high.
12 MONTHS UNLIMITED ACCESS
Each student will have 12 months unlimited access to allow you to have access to the training anytime 24/7.
Need Practical Experience?
As a bolt-on option, we offer Practice Labs as it provides users with an online lab platform to develop their practical skills in IT technologies such as CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco and VMWare.
In addition to the hardware you require, you also gain access to high quality practical exercises covering exam topics to help you to maximize your study time and increase your results. Practice Labs are highly effective and offer a cheaper alternative to setting up your own test environment.
You will gain unlimited access to the Practice Labs for 12 months- helping you to consolidate your learning and prepare you for work.
Gain access to our E-Book's Library
This bolt-on option will provide you with a wealth of research and reference material to help you make the most of your studies. Our e-book's library will serve as a great addition to your course material and provide massive savings in comparison to the cost of buying additional study books to support your learning.
For more information about our career advice services, contact us on 0808 175 1269 to speak with one of our friendly course advisors today.
We make it our absolute mission to give you the training you need and the service you deserve. Hear what our students say about us...
A new way to pay
3 Easy Payments
on baskets between £35 and £1,000
- Pay in 3 equal payments every 30 days
- No fees, interest or credit agreement.
- Instant credit approval at checkout
- Safe and secure - you're covered through Klarna's Buyer Protection Policy.
- Easily manage payments online or through the Klarna app.
HOW TO GET STARTED?
- Add your course to basket and proceed to checkout.
- Ensure you have sufficient funds available in your card to cover the first payment.
- Select “Klarna” as your payment method and place your order.
- Your order will be dispatched as normal and the two remaining payments will be taken at 30 and 60 days.
- Klarna will send you an email confirmation and reminders when it’s time to pay.
Spread the cost up to 4 years*
on baskets over £250
- Spread the cost from 6 months up to 4 years – you choose the term
- 0% interest on terms of 6-36 months
- 9.99% interest on terms of 48 months
Representative example without 0% or 9.99% offers: Representative 18.9% APR (variable) Purchase interest rate 18.9% p.a. (variable) Assumed credit limit £1,200
- Buy now, pay in 30 days
- 3 easy payments
- Spread the cost
Look for Klarna
*Credit offered subject to financial circumstances. Must be 18. T&Cs apply.
Klarna: Subject to financial circumstances. You must be at least 18. Credit is provided by Klarna Bank AB, which is authorised and regulated by the Swedish Financial Services Authority, with limited supervision by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority in the UK. Registered office: Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden. Corporation ID number: 556737-0431. If you already have a Klarna Credit account, this purchase will be added to your balance.
Pay in 30 days: The payment period is 30 days from shipment of goods. Full terms and conditions
3 Easy Payments: A third is payable on the day of purchase. The balance is paid in two equal monthly instalments over the following two months. Open to anyone with a UK registered debit or credit card.
The payment methods Pay in 30 days and 3 Easy Payments are only available in case of a positive credit assessment. For this purpose, during the order process and handling of your purchase, we forward your data for an address and credit check to Klarna. We can only offer you the payment methods available based on the result of the credit check. General information about Klarna and the user terms per country can be found on klarna.com. Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Klarna's privacy statement.