EXIN Cloud Computing Foundation
All students enrolled on this course are entitled to apply for an XO student discount card.
- Type : Online Course
- Duration : 8 Hours
- Access : 12 Months
- Awarded By : CCSK
- Eligible to Apply : Yes
Cloud computing is being aggressively adopted on a global basis as businesses seek to reduce costs and improve their agility. And one of the critical needs of the industry is to provide training and certification of professionals to assure that cloud computing is implemented responsibly, and with the appropriate security controls.
EXIN Cloud Computing Foundation level course is for anyone who is interested in understanding the fundamentals of cloud computing from both a technical and a business perspective.
EXIN's Cloud Computing Foundation is not just a technical cloud course but instead focuses on the business and management side as well. The course also examines the auditing and service response within cloud computing as well the delegation of IT responsibilities within an environment focused on cloud technology. This course covers how cloud technology deals with a variety of different areas, including; Hardware, Software, Processes, OS & Application Licenses, People, Power and Backups.
The course is of particular interest to:
- IT infrastructure managers who need to understand and plan for Cloud adoption.
- IT professionals who need to better understand Cloud technologies, particularly those from Exin.
- Professionals working with Exin Cloud technologies who need to achieve the vendor certification.
My Training Academy's EXIN's Cloud Computing Foundation course is designed to help learners pass the EXIN Cloud Computing exam.
The course has been designed to give you real-world knowledge that you can put to use from day one. It's highly flexible, so you can set your own timetable and study at your own pace.
We train our students to the very best standards, offering expert instructor-led training via our state of the art eLearning platform.
Ideal for those who are looking to embark on a project management career or are already in project management and require certifications to enhance their CV.
Our PRINCE2 Foundation online course is a cost-effective and successful approach for many individuals and teams. It provides a flexible learning method, allowing candidates to schedule learning at a time that suits them and fits in with other commitments; ideal for those who find it difficult to take time away from their workplace. It also allows candidates to work at their own pace, and revisit sections of the course as often as needed, leading to a fuller understanding of all the topics covered. In addition, there are none of the high costs of travel and accommodation associated with courses at an external venue.
You'll sit an exam at a local test centre. We provide interactive quizzes after each module and a mock exam at the end of your course to ensure you're fully prepared for the real thing. Once you've passed with at least 80%, you'll be able to book your exam as a private candidate.
- EXIN Cloud Computing Foundation
To make life easier, we can help you find an appropriate exam centre and give you all the information you need to secure your place. You can use the Pearson Vue Test Locator to find test centre locations near you.
Please note that the EXIN exam fees aren’t included in the course price. To find the latest exam prices, visit:
Once you’re fully prepared and ready to sit your exam, all you’ll have to do is purchase your exam voucher and schedule your exam at a test centre near you. For more information on how to schedule your exams, please visit our exams and testing page.
Got a question about exams? Contact our course advisors by email or by phone on 01707 828 751. We're happy to help!
Our training works on all devices including Mobile phones, IPad’s, Android tablets, Macs and PC’s.
For the best viewing experience on our state-of-the-art eLearning platform we recommend an internet connection of 10Mbps or better. Please also use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your browser with Adobe Flash Player.
We've put together a list of relevant job titles you can apply for after achieving the EXIN Cloud Computing Foundation certification (note that some careers may require further study, training and/or work experience):
- Cloud Engineer
- Project Manager
- Business Analyst
- Cloud Consultant
- Technical Architect
Once you have achieved your certification, you'll have full access to our recruitment package for a wide range of information and advice - including:
- How to put together a killer CV, Covering Letters and Thank You emails.
- How to gain relevant work experience.
- How to prepare for interviews.
- How to understand Job adverts.
- How to choose the right recruitment agency.
- How to look for work on LinkedIn.
- Information on dealing with redundancy.
Our careers advice section is available for you to see now. For more information about our career advice services, contact us on 01707 828 8751 to speak with one of our friendly course advisors today.
Course SyllabusDomain 1. The principles of Cloud Computing
- 1.1 The concept of Cloud Computing
- 1.1.1 Explain Cloud Computing
- 1.1.2 Compare the four main Deployment Models
- 1.1.3 Three main Service Models
- 1.2 Evolution toward Cloud Computing
- 1.2.1 Concepts from which Cloud Computing developed
- 1.2.2 Role of Virtualization in Cloud Computing
- 1.2.3 Role of managed services in Cloud Computing
- 1.3 Cloud Computing architectures
- 1.3.1 Difference between a single purpose and multipurpose architecture
- 1.3.2 Service Oriented Architecture
- 1.4 Drivers and limitations of Cloud Computing
- 1.4.1 Drivers
- 1.4.2 Limitations
- 2.1 Building of Local Cloud environment
- 2.1.1 Main components of a local cloud environment and how they are interconnected
- 2.1.2 Use of Virtual Private Network access to a Local Area Network
- 2.1.3 Risks of connecting a local cloud network to the public internet
- 2.2 Principles of managing Cloud services
- 2.2.1 Use of IT Service Management principles in a Cloud environment
- 2.2.2 Management of service levels in a Cloud environment
- 3.1 How users can access the Cloud
- 3.1.1 How to access Web Applications through a Web Browser
- 3.1.2 Cloud Web Access Architecture
- 3.1.3 Use of a Thin Client
- 3.1.4 Use of mobile devices in accessing the cloud
- 3.2 How Cloud Computing can be used for business processes
- 3.2.1 Impact of Cloud Computing on the primary processes of an organization
- 3.2.2 Role of standard applications in collaboration
- 3.3 How Service Providers can use the Cloud
- 3.3.1 How using Cloud Computing changes the relation between vendors and customers
- 3.3.2 Benefits and risks of providing Cloud based services
- 4.1 Security risks of Cloud Computing and knows mitigating measures (CSA top 10 threats and controls)
- 4.1.1 Security risks in the cloud
- 4.1.2 Mitigating security risks
- 4.2 Managing identity and privacy in the Cloud
- 4.2.1 Identity management
- 4.2.2 Privacy and Compliance issues and safeguards in Cloud Computing
- 5.1 Business case for Cloud Computing
- 5.1.1 Costs and possible savings of Cloud Computing
- 5.1.2 Operational and staffing benefits of Cloud Computing
- 5.2 Evaluation of Cloud Computing implementations
- 5.2.1 Evaluation of performance factors, management requirements and satisfaction factors
- 5.2.2 Evaluation of service providers and their services in Cloud Computing
EXPERT INSTRUCTOR-LED TRAINING
We only uses the industry’s finest instructors to develop our courses. They have a minimum of 15 years real-world experience and are subject matter experts in their fields. Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
QUIZZES & EXAM SIMULATORS
Our custom practice exams prepare you for your exams differently and more effectively than the traditional exam preps on the market. You will have practice quizzes after each module to ensure you are confident on the topic you have completed before proceeding. This will allow you to gauge your effectiveness before moving to the next module in your course. Our Courses also include practice exams designed to replicate and mirror the environment in the testing centre. These exams are on average 100 questions to ensure you are 100% prepared before taking your certification exam.
VISUAL DEMONSTRATIONS & MULTIMEDIA PRESENTATIONS
Our courseware includes instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations that allow students to develop their skills based on real world scenarios explained by the instructor. Our Courseware always focuses on real world scenarios and skill-set development.
NAVIGATION & CONTROLS
Our self-paced training programs are designed in a modular fashion to allow you the flexibility to work with expert level instruction anytime 24/7. All courses are arranged in defined sections with navigation controls allowing you to control the pace of your training. This allows students to learn at their own pace around their schedule.
SOCIAL LEARNING & NETWORKING
We Have designed a world class Learning Management System (LMS). This system allows you to interact and collaborate with other students, form study groups, engage in discussions in our NOW@ Forums, rate and “like” different courses and stay up to date with all the latest industry knowledge through our forums, student contributions and announcement features. This LMS is unmatched in the industry and makes learning fun and enjoyable.
FLASH CARDS & EDUCATIONAL GAMES
Our Courseware knows that education is not a one size fits all approach. Students learn in different ways through different tools. That is why we provide Flash Cards and Education Games throughout our courses. This will allow you to train in ways that keep you engaged and focused. Each course will have dozens of Flash Cards so you can sharpen your skill-sets throughout your training as well as educational games designed to make sure your retention level of the materials is extremely high.
12 MONTHS UNLIMITED ACCESS
Each student will have 12 months unlimited access to allow you to have access to the training anytime 24/7.
Need Practical Experience?
As a bolt-on option, we offer Practice Labs as it provides users with an online lab platform to develop their practical skills in IT technologies such as CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco and VMWare.
In addition to the hardware you require, you also gain access to high quality practical exercises covering exam topics to help you to maximize your study time and increase your results. Practice Labs are highly effective and offer a cheaper alternative to setting up your own test environment.
You will gain unlimited access to the Practice Labs for 12 months- helping you to consolidate your learning and prepare you for work.
Gain access to our E-Book's Library
This bolt-on option will provide you with a wealth of research and reference material to help you make the most of your studies. Our e-book's library will serve as a great addition to your course material and provide massive savings in comparison to the cost of buying additional study books to support your learning.
For more information about our career advice services, contact us on 01707 828 8751 to speak with one of our friendly course advisors today.
A new way to pay
3 Easy Payments
on baskets between £35 and £1,000
- Pay in 3 equal payments every 30 days
- No fees, interest or credit agreement.
- Instant credit approval at checkout
- Safe and secure - you're covered through Klarna's Buyer Protection Policy.
- Easily manage payments online or through the Klarna app.
HOW TO GET STARTED?
- Add your course to basket and proceed to checkout.
- Ensure you have sufficient funds available in your card to cover the first payment.
- Select “Klarna” as your payment method and place your order.
- Your order will be dispatched as normal and the two remaining payments will be taken at 30 and 60 days.
- Klarna will send you an email confirmation and reminders when it’s time to pay.
Spread the cost up to 4 years*
on baskets over £250
- Spread the cost from 6 months up to 4 years – you choose the term
- 0% interest on terms of 6-36 months
- 9.99% interest on terms of 48 months
Representative example without 0% or 9.99% offers: Representative 18.9% APR (variable) Purchase interest rate 18.9% p.a. (variable) Assumed credit limit £1,200
- Buy now, pay in 30 days
- 3 easy payments
- Spread the cost
Look for Klarna
*Credit offered subject to financial circumstances. Must be 18. T&Cs apply.
Klarna: Subject to financial circumstances. You must be at least 18. Credit is provided by Klarna Bank AB, which is authorised and regulated by the Swedish Financial Services Authority, with limited supervision by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority in the UK. Registered office: Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden. Corporation ID number: 556737-0431. If you already have a Klarna Credit account, this purchase will be added to your balance.
Pay in 30 days: The payment period is 30 days from shipment of goods. Full terms and conditions
3 Easy Payments: A third is payable on the day of purchase. The balance is paid in two equal monthly instalments over the following two months. Open to anyone with a UK registered debit or credit card.
The payment methods Pay in 30 days and 3 Easy Payments are only available in case of a positive credit assessment. For this purpose, during the order process and handling of your purchase, we forward your data for an address and credit check to Klarna. We can only offer you the payment methods available based on the result of the credit check. General information about Klarna and the user terms per country can be found on klarna.com. Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Klarna's privacy statement.