Level 3 Health and Safety Online Course
This Health and Safety Level 3 course is essential for anybody working in a Supervisory or Management role in any sector.https://mytrainingacademy.org.uk/pub/media/catalog/product/r/s/rsz_healthandsafety.jpg
All students enrolled on this course are entitled to apply for an XO student discount card.
- Type : E-Learning
- Duration : 8 - 10 Hours
- Access : 12 Months
- Awarded By : The CPD Certification Service
- Eligible to Apply : Yes
level 3 health and safety coursetoday!
This Level 3 Health and Safety online course is essential for anybody working in a Supervisory or Management role in any sector. Also, if you are wanting to make Health and Safety your chosen career, this RoSPA accredited course is the ideal starting point on your journey to IOSH and NEBOSH qualification. The course is also ideal for people running their own business and wanting to operate legally and safely.
This online Level 3 Health and Safety course will provide learners with a thorough understanding of the different aspects of Health and Safety.
The course goes into detail about each area of Health and Safety that businesses may encounter and provides information on how to undertake effective risk assessments and implement relevant, sufficient and appropriate control measures. The course gives an in depth guide to Health and Safety legislation and aims to raise awareness of the responsibilities that all managers and supervisors plus Health and Safety specialists are expected to maintain.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain what is meant by ‘Health and Safety’
- Identify common workplace incidents and general ways to reduce their risk
- Recite the procedure to carry out in the event of a fire and know which fire extinguisher should be used
- Understand the importance and use of PPE
- Explain the basics of COSHH and how to minimise the risk of hazardous substances
- Identify different types of safety signs and know about first aid in the workplace
- Understand the basics of working at height
- Work with display screens correctly
- Deal with violence in the workplace
- Identify the key causes of stress
- List the Dos and Don’ts when it comes to electrical equipment
This course is fully approved by both RoSPA and The CPD Certification service. Employers universally accept this qualification. You will be able to instantly download and print your certificate as soon as you successfully complete the course.
Who should take this course?
Employers, Managers and Supervisors. If you are looking for a career in Health and Safety, this is an ideal course for you to get started prior to taking our IOSH Managing Safety course.
- 100% Pass Rate.
- Easy to complete.
- Improve your career prospects.
- Learn valuable knowledge, skills, advice and guidance to help you achieve success.
- Study online from anywhere.
- Study at your own pace.
- Download and print your accredited CPD certificate on successful completion.
Learn with confidence
the best level 3 health and safety course onlinewith My Training Academy today.
To get started, please select the number of users you require and add the course to your shopping basket by selecting 'Add to Basket'. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a PayPal account.
Bulk discounts are available on purchases of 10 or more courses.
If you wish to discuss a large individual order for this course, and/or would like to be invoiced in advance, please call our sales team on 01707 828 751 to make an enquiry.
This Health and Safety Level 3 course is essential for anybody working in a Supervisory or Management role in any sector.
Our e-learning is a cost-effective and successful approach for many individuals and teams. It provides a flexible learning method, allowing candidates to schedule learning at a time that suits them and fits in with other commitments; ideal for those who find it difficult to take time away from their workplace. It also allows candidates to work at their own pace, and revisit sections of the course as often as needed, leading to a fuller understanding of all the topics covered.
In addition, there are none of the high costs of travel and accommodation associated with courses at an external venue.
Upon completion of the course, learners will complete an end of learning assessment consisting of 20 questions. 80% of the questions will need to be answered correctly in order to pass and receive a certificate.
Fully approved by RoSPA.
Accreditation: The CPD Certification Service.
Got a question about exams? Contact our course advisors by email or by phone on 01707 828 751. We're happy to help!
Our training works on all devices including Mobile phones, IPad’s, Android tablets, Macs and PC’s.
For the best viewing experience on our state-of-the-art eLearning platform we recommend an internet connection of 10Mbps or better. Please also use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your browser with Adobe Flash Player.
Looking for more information?
This Health and Safety Level 3 course is divided into 10 easy to follow interactive modules and includes a multiple choice test at the end. The content of the course covers:
- Legislation and Risk Assessments-the importance of Health and Safety and useful definitions; Health and Safety law; Risk Assessments and the Competent Person
- Reporting and Investigating Accidents-workplace injuries; RIDDOR; the Accident Triangle; legal requirements; occupational diseases; dangerous occurrences and investigations.
- The Workplace and Work Equipment-slips, trips and falls and how to reduce the risk; how to reduce the risk from work equipment.
- Fire and Explosion Responsibilities and Control Measures-the importance of Fire Safety; employer and employee responsibilities and duties; the Fire Triangle and Fire Risk assessment; fire detection and warning systems; evacuation procedures; fire extinguishers and equipment; fire safety signs; preparing an emergency plan and precautions against explosions.
- Electricity-common causes of electrical accidents and injuries; employer and employee responsibilities; electrical risk assessments; portable appliances; safe installation; working near to electricity and wiring; overhead power lines and underground cables; maintaining electrical equipment and dealing with injuries.
- Working at Height-legislation; risks and dangers of working at height; risk reduction; types of equipment; vehicles; fragile surfaces; training and communication; emergency procedures.
- Vehicles: Work Site Hazards-legal responsibilities; worksite control measures; risk assessments; vehicles speed and traffic routes; privately owned vehicles, parking, visiting drivers and the public; signage.
- Vehicles: Driver Standards and Vehicle Safety-driver standards and training; reversing; vehicle design and maintenance; signallers and deliveries; coupling and uncoupling; avoiding overturns and falls; loading and unloading.
- Conflict and Violence-the law; statistics on workplace violence; who is at risk; risk assessments and control measures.
- Alcohol and Drugs-alcohol and drug policies including screening; legislation; drug misuse and signs of misuse;
- Noise and Vibration-employer responsibilities; the dangers of noise; measuring and reducing noise; supply of PPE and other equipment; training and health surveillance; the Control of Vibration at Work Regulations; risk assessment; eliminating and reducing risk.
- Ergonomics-the importance of ergonomics; display screen equipment; assessing risks and control measures; work related stress.
- Manual Handling: Risk Assessment and Reducing the Risks-employer responsibilities; risk assessments; load and environment (TILE); mechanical aids and equipment; PPE; lifting, pushing and pulling; training.
- Employee Welfare and Emergency Procedures-workplace stress and risk assessments; first aid; emergency procedures; welfare facilities.
- Positive Health and Safety Culture-how to establish a positive Health and Safety culture; safety representatives and committees.
- Role of Managers, Supervisors and PPE-the responsibilities of managers and supervisors; types of PPE; training.
- Staff Training-training procedures; training and the motivation of staff.
- Working Safely With Hazardous Substances (COSHH)-the law; what is a hazardous substance; employer and employee responsibilities; hierarchy of control measures; PPE; ill health effects; Workplace Exposure Limits (WEL); flammable substances; training.
This eLearning is accessed through a dedicated learner portal. Your course material is presented in an interactive and easy to follow presentation enabling you to study at your own pace.
The course is divided into simple sections with a short quiz at the end of each to test your knowledge. Once you have progressed through each of the course sections you can complete an end of course quiz which consists of multiple-choice questions based on the material that you have studied.
Once you have passed the course you can download your fully accredited CPD certificate (PDF format) directly from your learning account.
If you don't pass the first time, don't worry, you can resist the test as many times as required - until you pass.
New – Translation Feature
Our state-of-the-art e-learning portal now offers translation features. Making learning across countries easy with automatic language translation – available in 75 popular international languages. Allowing learners to study in their preferred language.
A new way to pay
3 Easy Payments
on baskets between £35 and £1,000
- Pay in 3 equal payments every 30 days
- No fees, interest or credit agreement.
- Instant credit approval at checkout
- Safe and secure - you're covered through Klarna's Buyer Protection Policy.
- Easily manage payments online or through the Klarna app.
HOW TO GET STARTED?
- Add your course to basket and proceed to checkout.
- Ensure you have sufficient funds available in your card to cover the first payment.
- Select “Klarna” as your payment method and place your order.
- Your order will be dispatched as normal and the two remaining payments will be taken at 30 and 60 days.
- Klarna will send you an email confirmation and reminders when it’s time to pay.
Spread the cost up to 4 years*
on baskets over £250
- Spread the cost from 6 months up to 4 years – you choose the term
- 0% interest on terms of 6-36 months
- 9.99% interest on terms of 48 months
Representative example without 0% or 9.99% offers: Representative 18.9% APR (variable) Purchase interest rate 18.9% p.a. (variable) Assumed credit limit £1,200
- Buy now, pay in 30 days
- 3 easy payments
- Spread the cost
Look for Klarna
*Credit offered subject to financial circumstances. Must be 18. T&Cs apply.
Klarna: Subject to financial circumstances. You must be at least 18. Credit is provided by Klarna Bank AB, which is authorised and regulated by the Swedish Financial Services Authority, with limited supervision by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority in the UK. Registered office: Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden. Corporation ID number: 556737-0431. If you already have a Klarna Credit account, this purchase will be added to your balance.
Pay in 30 days: The payment period is 30 days from shipment of goods. Full terms and conditions
3 Easy Payments: A third is payable on the day of purchase. The balance is paid in two equal monthly instalments over the following two months. Open to anyone with a UK registered debit or credit card.
The payment methods Pay in 30 days and 3 Easy Payments are only available in case of a positive credit assessment. For this purpose, during the order process and handling of your purchase, we forward your data for an address and credit check to Klarna. We can only offer you the payment methods available based on the result of the credit check. General information about Klarna and the user terms per country can be found on klarna.com. Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Klarna's privacy statement.