Sage Computerised Accounting Level 2 Course
£168.00 including VAT
- Course Type Online Course
- Course Duration 35 Hours
- Course Access 6 Months
- Awarded By Sage UK
- Student Discount Card All students enrolled on this course are entitled to apply for a XO student discount card.
This course is suitable for people who understand the basics of the processes involved in keeping books and financial records. You will be guided through all of the skills you need to use Sage 50 Accounts from the very beginning and learn more about the functionality needed to produce invoices and management accounts.
This course has been developed to give you the most up to date skills required by employers, or to help you to run the finances of your own business. You can easily convert your learning into an accredited qualification upon completion.
* Once you have purchased this course - Please allow up to 24 hours in order to receive your login details. Usually this is much sooner, but there are occasions that the email may take some time to generate.
What subjects are covered?
You will learn how to:
- Set up a new accounting system
- Produce electronic invoices, remittances and statements
- Create detailed management reports to help control a business and increase profitability
- Improve credit and budget control
- Ensure data security and how to keep your system and information fully protected.
What do you get?
- Access to Sage 50 Accounts Professional software for six months (RRP £1,300)
- Enrolment on to the Sage Qualifications e-learning Portal, where you will be able to access all online learning materials, including formative and practice simulations.
What is the study mode?
All course materials and activities are provided online and can also be accessed via mobile, enabling you to study at times and locations that are convenient for you.
How long will it take?
The course usually requires six hours of study per week for a period of six to eight weeks. Initially, you have access to the software and portal for six months, but this can be extended for a small additional cost.
What could you do after this course?
After you have successfully completed this course, you may wish to progress to the Computerised Accounting Level 3 Course, or complete a QCF Accredited Qualification.
The Sage Computerised Accouting course will benefit anyone that wants to work in a finance department and needs to learn how to use the latest Sage 50 accounting software. It will enhance their employability skills and make their CV more attractive to prospective employers. The course will also benefit anyone that wants to start-up their own business and take control of their own business finances.
By choosing online learning instead of a classroom based course, it eliminates the need for time away from work, saving you valuable time and money. It is ideal for those with tight schedules as our online courses give you 6 months unlimited access to all the course materials, so you can study at a pace that suits you. Allowing you to easily resume your studies whenever you have the time. All you need is internet connection to study, so you can study from the comfort of your home or any environment that suits you.
How are you assessed?
You will complete self-assessments and a practice test, followed by a final online assessment.
What qualification do you receive?
Upon completion, you will be awarded the Computerised Accounting Level 2 Certificate by Sage UK.
Got a question about exams? Contact our course advisors by email or by phone on 0808 175 1269. We're happy to help!
Our training works on all devices including Mobile phones, IPad’s, Android tablets, Macs and PC’s. For the best viewing experience on our state-of-the-art eLearning platform we recommend an internet connection of 10Mbps or better. Please also use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your browser with Adobe Flash Player.
Sage 50 Accounts Software
Sage software is not compatible with Windows XP or Apple Macs - unless you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7 via Apple's Boot Camp utility.
We've put together a list of relevant job titles you can apply for after achieving the Sage certificate (note that some careers may require further study, training and/or work experience):
- Finance Assistant
- Accounts Assistant
- Accounts clerk
- Payroll Assistant
- Junior Accountant
- Senior Accountant
- Finance Manager
- Small business owner
Once you have achieved your certification, you'll have full access to our recruitment package for a wide range of information and advice - including:
- How to put together a killer CV, Covering Letters and Thank You emails.
- How to gain relevant work experience.
- How to prepare for interviews.
- How to understand Job adverts.
- How to choose the right recruitment agency.
- How to look for work on LinkedIn.
- Information on dealing with redundancy.
Our careers advice section is available for you to see now
For more information about our career advice services, contact us on 0808 175 1269 to speak with one of our friendly course advisors today.
1. Learning Outcomes and Assessment Criteria
2. Installation Instructions
3. Screenshots, Tasks and Activities
4. Working through the Units
5. Setting up a New Company
6. Backing Up and Restoring Data
7. Customise your Company
8. How to Use Practice Data
9. Helpful Information Using Sage
10. Tax Codes within Sage
11. The Ledgers and Sage Nominal Codes
12. Creating a Chart of Accounts to Suit Company Requirements
13. Creating Customer and Supplier Account Codes and Records
14. Making Error Corrections and Deleting Transactions
Opening Balances and Journals
15. Entering Opening Debtor Balances
16. Entering Opening Creditor Balances
17. The Use of the Journal
18. Making Journal Entries
19. Nominal Ledger Opening Balances
20. The Opening Trial Balance
Sales and Purchase Ledger Transactions
21. Customer Invoices Using Batch Entry
22. Customer Credit Notes Using Batch Entry
23. Sales Invoice Day Book in Sage
24. Sales Credit Day Book in Sage
25. Supplier Invoices Using Batch Entry
26. Supplier Credit Notes Using Batch Entry
27. Purchase Invoice Day Book in Sage
28. Purchase Credit Day Book in Sage
29. Entering Customer Receipts
30. Customer Receipts Reports
31. Printing a Customer Statement
32. Entering Supplier Payments
33. Supplier Payments Reports
34. Printing a Remittance Advice
Bank and Petty Cash Transactions
35. Process Bank Transactions Not In Customers or Suppliers Ledgers
36. Transferring Money Between Accounts
37. Recurring Entries
38. Bank Reconciliation
39. Printing a Bank Statement Report
40. Petty Cash Transactions
41. Reconciling the Petty Cash Account
The Trial Balance and Data Security
42. The Trial Balance
43. Errors in the Trial Balance and Bad Debt Write Off
44. Maintaining the Security of Data
45. Types of Backup Files and Storage
46. Setting a System Password
47. Exporting Data and Linking to Other Systems
Trade and Settlement Discounts
48. Introduction to Discounts
49. Customer Trade and Bulk Discounts
50. Customer Settlement Discount
51. Supplier Settlement Discount
52. Customer Receipts and Supplier Payments with Discounts
53. Trade and Settlement Discount Additional Exercises
54. Answers to Trade and Settlement Discount Additional Exercises
Credit Control, Private Use, Fixed Assets and Budget Control
56. Credit Limits and Letters for Credit Control
57. Contra Entries
58. Private Use of Business Goods
59. The Introduction and Purchase of Fixed Assets
60. Budget Control
Producing Sales Invoices and Credit Notes
61. Producing Sales Invoices
62. Producing Sales Credit Notes
61. Glossary of Accounting Terms
EXPERT INSTRUCTOR-LED TRAINING
We only use the industry’s finest instructors to develop our courses. They have a minimum of 15 years real-world experience and are subject matter experts in their fields. Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
QUIZZES & EXAM SIMULATORS
Our custom practice exams prepare you for your exams differently and more effectively than the traditional exam preps on the market. You will have practice quizzes after each module to ensure you are confident on the topic you have completed before proceeding. This will allow you to gauge your effectiveness before moving to the next module in your course. Our Courses also include practice exams designed to replicate and mirror the environment in the testing centre. These exams are on average 100 questions to ensure you are 100% prepared before taking your certification exam.
VISUAL DEMONSTRATIONS & MULTIMEDIA PRESENTATIONS
Our courseware includes instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations that allow students to develop their skills based on real world scenarios explained by the instructor. Our Courseware always focuses on real world scenarios and skill-set development.
NAVIGATION & CONTROLS
Our self-paced training programs are designed in a modular fashion to allow you the flexibility to work with expert level instruction anytime 24/7. All courses are arranged in defined sections with navigation controls allowing you to control the pace of your training. This allows students to learn at their own pace around their schedule.
SOCIAL LEARNING & NETWORKING
We Have designed a world class Learning Management System (LMS). This system allows you to interact and collaborate with other students, form study groups, engage in discussions in our NOW@ Forums, rate and “like” different courses and stay up to date with all the latest industry knowledge through our forums, student contributions and announcement features. This LMS is unmatched in the industry and makes learning fun and enjoyable.
FLASH CARDS & EDUCATIONAL GAMES
Our Courseware knows that education is not a one size fits all approach. Students learn in different ways through different tools. That is why we provide Flash Cards and Education Games throughout our courses. This will allow you to train in ways that keep you engaged and focused. Each course will have dozens of Flash Cards so you can sharpen your skill-sets throughout your training as well as educational games designed to make sure your retention level of the materials is extremely high.
6 MONTHS UNLIMITED ACCESS
Each student will have 6 months unlimited access to allow you to have access to the training anytime 24/7.
Need Practical Experience?
As a bolt-on option, we offer Practice Labs as it provides users with an online lab platform to develop their practical skills in IT technologies such as CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco and VMWare.
In addition to the hardware you require, you also gain access to high quality practical exercises covering exam topics to help you to maximize your study time and increase your results. Practice Labs are highly effective and offer a cheaper alternative to setting up your own test environment.
You will gain unlimited access to the Practice Labs for 12 months- helping you to consolidate your learning and prepare you for work.
Gain access to our E-Book's Library
This bolt-on option will provide you with a wealth of research and reference material to help you make the most of your studies. Our e-book's library will serve as a great addition to your course material and provide massive savings in comparison to the cost of buying additional study books to support your learning.
For more information about our career advice services, contact us on 0808 175 1269 to speak with one of our friendly course advisors today.
We make it our absolute mission to give you the training you need and the service you deserve. Hear what our students say about us...
A new way to pay
3 Easy Payments
on baskets between £35 and £1,000
- Pay in 3 equal payments every 30 days
- No fees, interest or credit agreement.
- Instant credit approval at checkout
- Safe and secure - you're covered through Klarna's Buyer Protection Policy.
- Easily manage payments online or through the Klarna app.
HOW TO GET STARTED?
- Add your course to basket and proceed to checkout.
- Ensure you have sufficient funds available in your card to cover the first payment.
- Select “Klarna” as your payment method and place your order.
- Your order will be dispatched as normal and the two remaining payments will be taken at 30 and 60 days.
- Klarna will send you an email confirmation and reminders when it’s time to pay.
Spread the cost up to 4 years*
on baskets over £250
- Spread the cost from 6 months up to 4 years – you choose the term
- 0% interest on terms of 6-36 months
- 9.99% interest on terms of 48 months
Representative example without 0% or 9.99% offers: Representative 18.9% APR (variable) Purchase interest rate 18.9% p.a. (variable) Assumed credit limit £1,200
- Buy now, pay in 30 days
- 3 easy payments
- Spread the cost
Look for Klarna
*Credit offered subject to financial circumstances. Must be 18. T&Cs apply.
Klarna: Subject to financial circumstances. You must be at least 18. Credit is provided by Klarna Bank AB, which is authorised and regulated by the Swedish Financial Services Authority, with limited supervision by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority in the UK. Registered office: Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden. Corporation ID number: 556737-0431. If you already have a Klarna Credit account, this purchase will be added to your balance.
Pay in 30 days: The payment period is 30 days from shipment of goods. Full terms and conditions
3 Easy Payments: A third is payable on the day of purchase. The balance is paid in two equal monthly instalments over the following two months. Open to anyone with a UK registered debit or credit card.
The payment methods Pay in 30 days and 3 Easy Payments are only available in case of a positive credit assessment. For this purpose, during the order process and handling of your purchase, we forward your data for an address and credit check to Klarna. We can only offer you the payment methods available based on the result of the credit check. General information about Klarna and the user terms per country can be found on klarna.com. Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Klarna's privacy statement.