Level 3 Food Safety for Catering Online Course
This Level 3 Food Safety for Catering online course is designed for managers and supervisors in the catering industry to help them understand their essential day-to-day responsibilities.https://mytrainingacademy.org.uk/pub/media/catalog/product/r/s/rsz_food_safety-level-3.jpg
£115.00 including VAT (was £125.00)Save £10.00
Offer ends 31 December 2023
- Course Type E-Learning
- Course Duration 8 - 10 Hours
- Course Access 12 Months
- Awarded By The CPD Certification Service
- Student Discount Card All students enrolled on this course are eligible to apply for a TOTUM Pro card
This Level 3 Food Safety for Catering online course is designed for managers and supervisors in the catering industry to help them understand their essential day-to-day responsibilities, including how to implement the basics of a HACCP food safety management system.
The course provides knowledge of food hygiene practices and legal responsibilities and gives further detail on the controls that can be implemented to ensure that the food handling process is as safe and hygienic as possible. The food safety level 3 course has 17 easy to follow bite-sized modules, so you can learn at your own pace. Each module has a helpful ‘knowledge checker’ at the end and the course includes a final test that is unlocked once the modules are complete.
Aims of the course
By the end of this level 3 food safety course, you'll be able to:
- Categorise food into four distinct food groups
- Have knowledge of the way that bacteria can affect food and make it unfit for consumption, plus know how to control the risk
- Limit allergens from contaminating food
- Understand the basics of personal hygiene and why it is important
- Identify what is required from a food premises in order for it to be food-safe
- Effectively clean equipment and the premises in order to stop bacterial growth and cross-contamination
- Explain the basics of a HACCP food safety management system and recognise the tools that can be used to do so
- Understand different ways in which food can be cooked, reheated or held
- Have awareness of the relevant food hygiene legislation and how it can be complied with
- Be able to state the safe temperatures for cooking, chilling and freezing food and understand how to take temperature readings
- Know what the law requires in regard to personal hygiene when working in a food catering business
Who should take this course?
This level 3 food safety course should be taken by Managers and Supervisors in all Catering and Hospitality businesses. You should also take this course if you own a business in either of the Catering or Hospitality sectors. This course also ensures compliance with Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 - the hygiene of foodstuffs.
When will I get my level 3 food safety certificate?
Once you have successfully passed the Food Safety Level 3 course you will be able to download and print your certificate immediately. The certificate achieved can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
Why train with us?
- 100% Pass Rate.
- Quick and easy to complete.
- Free Retakes.
- Meets UK and EU legal requirements for food handlers
- Follows all UK regulations and laws.
- Download and print your accredited CPD certificate on successful completion.
- Certificate recognised by local authorities and accepted by Environmental Health Officers.
Our Level 3 Food Safety course is accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Additionally, this course is fully approved by IIRSM.
Learn with confidence
We’re so certain that you’ll get great value from our Level 3 Food Safety course that we offer a 14 Day 100% Money Back Guarantee.
Our students frequently recommend our courses to their friends, family and colleagues, so it’s vitally important to us that you are 100% satisfied with the service you receive from My Training Academy.
If you’re not entirely satisfied, then you will receive a full refund.
Click the “Add to Basket” button to book your course today.
Bulk discounts are available on purchases of 10 or more courses.
If you wish to discuss a large individual order for this course, and/or would like to be invoiced in advance, please call our sales team on 0808 175 1269 to make an enquiry.
This Level 3 Food Hygiene course is suitable for managers and supervisors in all types of catering establishments, including restaurants, hotels, cafes, bars, fast-food outlets, takeaways, mobile food trucks, kitchens, hospitals, schools and colleges.
The Level 3 Food Hygiene course is also recommended for catering businesses who are aiming to achieve a level 5 in the Food Hygiene Rating Scheme.
Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 on the hygiene of foodstuffs states that food handlers must be trained in food hygiene matters ‘commensurate with their work activities.’ This course ensures that you comply with this regulation by providing learners with detailed knowledge of food safety principles. It gives instruction on how to promote best practice in the workplace and explains the basics of implementing an effective food safety management system based on the principles of HACCP.
If you are a food handler below the level of manager or supervisor then our Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety training course is more suited to your needs.
This Level 2 Food Safety for Catering online training is ideal for people working in positions such as, but not limited to:
- Head Chef / Head Cook
- Kitchen Manager
- Catering Manager
- Restaurant Manager
- Sous Chef / Deputy Chef
- Nursery Manager
- Cafe Owner
Upon completion of the course, learners will complete an end of learning assessment consisting of 20 questions. 80% of the questions will need to be answered correctly in order to pass and receive a certificate.
If you don't pass the test first time, don't worry, you can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Fully approved by IIRSM.
Accreditation: The CPD Certification Service.
Got any questions? Contact our course advisors by email or by phone on 0808 175 1269. We're happy to help!
Our level 3 food safety training works on all devices including Mobile phones, IPad’s, Android tablets, Macs and PC’s.
For the best viewing experience on our state-of-the-art eLearning platform we recommend an internet connection of 10Mbps or better. Please also use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your browser with Adobe Flash Player.
We build our courses so that you're able to better retain what you learn. This course is divided into 17 easy to follow interactive modules with a ‘knowledge checker’ after each topic. It includes a multiple-choice test at the end. The course covers the following:
- Introduction to Supervising Food Safety/ Food Hygiene
- Food Safety Legislation
- Food Contamination
- Controlling Contamination
- Food Poisoning and Food-Borne Illness
- Non-Bacterial Food Poisoning
- Temperature Control
- Checking, Verifying and Recording Temperatures
- Food Preservation
- Premises and Equipment Design
- Waste, Cleaning and Disinfection
- Pest Control
- Personal Hygiene
- Training Staff
- Implementing a Food Hygiene Management System
- Food Hygiene Management Tools
This eLearning is accessed through a dedicated learner portal. Your course material is presented in an interactive and easy to follow presentation enabling you to study at your own pace.
The course is divided into simple sections with a short quiz at the end of each to test your knowledge. Once you have progressed through each of the course sections you can complete an end of course quiz which consists of multiple-choice questions based on the material that you have studied.
Once you have passed the course you can download your fully accredited CPD certificate (PDF format) directly from your learning account.
If you don't pass the first time, don't worry, you can resist the test as many times as required - until you pass.
New – Translation Feature
Our state-of-the-art e-learning portal now offers translation features. Making learning across countries easy with automatic language translation – available in 75 popular international languages. Allowing learners to study in their preferred language.
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the course to your shopping basket by selecting Add to Basket. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a PayPal account. Once payment is confirmed, we’ll process your order and email your course login instructions.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact us on 0808 175 1269 or email email@example.com.
All students enrolled on this course are eligible to apply for a TOTUM PRO Card, which offers discounts in a wide range of shops and websites, helping you get money off food, holidays and flights, clothes, make-up gym memberships and much more.
TOTUM PRO card is aimed at professional learners, giving you access to exclusive discounts. Explore the full list of offers.
We make it our absolute mission to give you the training you need and the service you deserve. Hear what our students say about us...
A new way to pay
3 Easy Payments
on baskets between £35 and £1,000
- Pay in 3 equal payments every 30 days
- No fees, interest or credit agreement.
- Instant credit approval at checkout
- Safe and secure - you're covered through Klarna's Buyer Protection Policy.
- Easily manage payments online or through the Klarna app.
HOW TO GET STARTED?
- Add your course to basket and proceed to checkout.
- Ensure you have sufficient funds available in your card to cover the first payment.
- Select “Klarna” as your payment method and place your order.
- Your order will be dispatched as normal and the two remaining payments will be taken at 30 and 60 days.
- Klarna will send you an email confirmation and reminders when it’s time to pay.
Spread the cost up to 4 years*
on baskets over £250
- Spread the cost from 6 months up to 4 years – you choose the term
- 0% interest on terms of 6-36 months
- 9.99% interest on terms of 48 months
Representative example without 0% or 9.99% offers: Representative 18.9% APR (variable) Purchase interest rate 18.9% p.a. (variable) Assumed credit limit £1,200
- Buy now, pay in 30 days
- 3 easy payments
- Spread the cost
Look for Klarna
*Credit offered subject to financial circumstances. Must be 18. T&Cs apply.
Klarna: Subject to financial circumstances. You must be at least 18. Credit is provided by Klarna Bank AB, which is authorised and regulated by the Swedish Financial Services Authority, with limited supervision by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority in the UK. Registered office: Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden. Corporation ID number: 556737-0431. If you already have a Klarna Credit account, this purchase will be added to your balance.
Pay in 30 days: The payment period is 30 days from shipment of goods. Full terms and conditions
3 Easy Payments: A third is payable on the day of purchase. The balance is paid in two equal monthly instalments over the following two months. Open to anyone with a UK registered debit or credit card.
The payment methods Pay in 30 days and 3 Easy Payments are only available in case of a positive credit assessment. For this purpose, during the order process and handling of your purchase, we forward your data for an address and credit check to Klarna. We can only offer you the payment methods available based on the result of the credit check. General information about Klarna and the user terms per country can be found on klarna.com. Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Klarna's privacy statement.