MTA: Security Fundamentals Online Course
All students enrolled on this course are entitled to apply for an XO student discount card.
- Type : Online Course
- Duration : 5 Hours
- Access : 12 Months
- Awarded By : Microsoft
- Eligible to Apply : Yes
MTA Security Fundamentals coursetoday!
The training you'll undertake as part of the Microsoft MTA Security Fundamentals online course will prepare you for the Microsoft exam 98-367– an entry-level credential from Microsoft.
Students who are beginning studies in technology need a strong foundation in the basics before moving on to more advanced technology courses and certification programs. The Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) is Microsoft’s newest suite of technology certification exams that validate fundamental knowledge needed to begin building a career using Microsoft technologies. This MTA Network Fundamentals course provides an appropriate entry point to a future career in technology and assumes some hands-on experience or training but does not assume on-the-job experience.
The Microsoft MTA Security Fundamentals course offers everything you need to get you ready for your certification exam.
By the end of this online security fundamentals course delegates will be able to:
- Understand security layers
- Understand operating system security
- Understand network security
- Understanding security software
- Have sufficient knowledge to sit the Microsoft 98-367 exam.
Learn with confidence
the best MTA Security Fundamentals course onlinewith My Training Academy today.
To get started, please select the number of users you require and add the course to your shopping basket by selecting 'Add to Basket'. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a PayPal account.
Bulk discounts are available on purchases of 10 or more courses.
If you wish to discuss a large individual order for this course, and/or would like to be invoiced in advance, please call our sales team on 01707 828 751 to make an enquiry.
- Anyone interested enhancing their fundamental understanding of security and computer networking related skills.
- Students looking to pass the MTA 98-367 Security Fundamentals exam.
By choosing online learning instead of a classroom based course, it eliminates the need for time away from work, saving you valuable time and money. It is ideal for those with tight schedules as our online courses give you 12 months unlimited access to all the course materials, so you can study at a pace that suits you. Allowing you to easily resume your studies whenever you have the time. All you need is internet connection to study, so you can study from the comfort of your home or any environment that suits you.
To earn your certification from Microsoft, you will need to study the Microsoft MTA Security Fundamentals training course and pass the compulsory 98-367 exam.
To prepare you for your exam, we provide interactive quizzes after each module and a mock exam at the end of your course to ensure you’re fully prepared for the real thing. Once you’ve passed with at least 85%, you’ll be ready to book your exam as a private candidate. To make life easier, we can help you find an appropriate exam centre and give you all the information you need to secure your place.
Please note that the exam fees aren’t included in the course price. To find the latest exam prices, visit:
Once you’re fully prepared and ready to sit your exam, all you’ll have to do is purchase your exam voucher and schedule your exam at a test centre near you. You can use the Pearson Vue Test Locator to find test centre locations near you. For more information on how to schedule your exams, please visit our schedule my exams page.
Got a question about exams? Contact our course advisors by email or by phone on 01707 828 751. We're happy to help!
Our training works on all devices including Mobile phones, IPad’s, Android tablets, Macs and PC’s.
For the best viewing experience on our state-of-the-art eLearning platform we recommend an internet connection of 10Mbps or better. Please also use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your browser with Adobe Flash Player.
We've put together a list of relevant job titles you can apply for after achieving your certification (note that some careers may require further study, training and/or work experience):
- IT Support Technician
- 1st Line Support Engineer
- Helpdesk Technician
- Desktop Support Technician
- Field Service Technician
- Hardware Installation Co-ordinator
In these roles, the average salary you can earn is £24,000.00 per year (source: itjobswatch.co.uk, UK Only).
IT Jobs Watch provides a unique perspective on today's information technology job market. Their aim is to present a concise and accurate map of the prevailing UK IT job market conditions.
Once you have achieved your certification, you'll have full access to our recruitment package for a wide range of information and advice - including:
- How to put together a killer CV, Covering Letters and Thank You emails.
- How to gain relevant work experience.
- How to prepare for interviews.
- How to understand Job adverts.
- How to choose the right recruitment agency.
- How to look for work on LinkedIn.
- Information on dealing with redundancy.
Our careers advice section is available for you to see now. For more information about our career advice services, contact us on 01707 828 8751 to speak with one of our friendly course advisors today.
Getting a CompTIA IT Fundamentals certification will always help you stand out from the crowd, now and in the future - whether you're just starting out, developing your career, or changing direction entirely.
Research by e-Skills UK has shown that IT and telecommunications now employs 1 in 20 of the UK workforce. It also suggests the digital sector will need nearly 300,000 new recruits by 2020 to meet the demand for skills in this area.
- 00 Microsoft Technology Associate MTA) Networking Fundamentals Course Intro
- 01 Microsoft Technology Associate MTA) Security Fundamentals Exam Module
- 02 MTA 98-367 Security Fundamentals Part 1
- Understanding security principle
- 02 MTA 98-367 Security Fundamentals Part 2
- Understanding physical security
- Understanding Threat Modeling
- 03 MTA 98-367 Security Fundamentals Part 1
- Understanding User Authentication
- Understanding Permission
- 03 MTA 98-367 Security Fundamentals Part 2
- Understanding Encryption
- Understanding protocol security
- Understanding audit policies
- 03 MTA 98-367 Security Fundamentals Part 3
- How to Share a Folder in Windows 10
- 04 MTA 98-367 Security Fundamentals Part 1 slide 19
- Understanding Password Policy
- 05 MTA 98-367 Security Fundamentals Part 1
- Understanding dedicated firewall
- Understanding network isolation
- 05 MTA 98-367 Security Fundamentals Part 2
- Understanding protocol security
- Understanding Denial –of -security
- Understanding Wireless security
- 06 MTA 98-367 Security Fundamentals Part 1
- Protecting the client computer
- Managing Client Security Using Windows Defender
- Protecting Your Email
- 06 MTA 98-367 Security Fundamentals Part 2
- Securing Internet Explorer
- Configuring Microsoft Edge
- Locking Down Your Server
- 06 MTA 98-367 Security Fundamentals Part 3
- Using Security Baselines
- Locking Down Devices to Run Only Trusted Applications
- Managing Windows Store Apps
- 07 Key Takeaway Introduction
- 08 Key Takeaway for Module 1 Understanding security layers
- 09 Key Takeaway for Module 2 Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting
- 10 Key Takeaway for Module 3 Understanding Security Policies
- 11 Key Takeaway for Module 4 Understanding Network Security
- 12 Key Takeaway for Module 5 Locking Down Server and Client
- 13 Terms to know Intro
- 14 Terms to know for Module 1 Understanding security layers
- 15 Terms to Know for Module 2 Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting
- 16 Terms to Know for Module 3 Understanding Security Policies
- 17 Terms to Know for Module 4 Understanding Network Security
- 18 Terms to Know for Module 5 Locking Down Server and Client
EXPERT INSTRUCTOR-LED TRAINING
We only uses the industry’s finest instructors to develop our courses. They have a minimum of 15 years real-world experience and are subject matter experts in their fields. Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
QUIZZES & EXAM SIMULATORS
Our custom practice exams prepare you for your exams differently and more effectively than the traditional exam preps on the market. You will have practice quizzes after each module to ensure you are confident on the topic you have completed before proceeding. This will allow you to gauge your effectiveness before moving to the next module in your course. Our Courses also include practice exams designed to replicate and mirror the environment in the testing centre. These exams are on average 100 questions to ensure you are 100% prepared before taking your certification exam.
VISUAL DEMONSTRATIONS & MULTIMEDIA PRESENTATIONS
Our courseware includes instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations that allow students to develop their skills based on real world scenarios explained by the instructor. Our Courseware always focuses on real world scenarios and skill-set development.
NAVIGATION & CONTROLS
Our self-paced training programs are designed in a modular fashion to allow you the flexibility to work with expert level instruction anytime 24/7. All courses are arranged in defined sections with navigation controls allowing you to control the pace of your training. This allows students to learn at their own pace around their schedule.
SOCIAL LEARNING & NETWORKING
We Have designed a world class Learning Management System (LMS). This system allows you to interact and collaborate with other students, form study groups, engage in discussions in our NOW@ Forums, rate and “like” different courses and stay up to date with all the latest industry knowledge through our forums, student contributions and announcement features. This LMS is unmatched in the industry and makes learning fun and enjoyable.
FLASH CARDS & EDUCATIONAL GAMES
Our Courseware knows that education is not a one size fits all approach. Students learn in different ways through different tools. That is why we provide Flash Cards and Education Games throughout our courses. This will allow you to train in ways that keep you engaged and focused. Each course will have dozens of Flash Cards so you can sharpen your skill-sets throughout your training as well as educational games designed to make sure your retention level of the materials is extremely high.
12 MONTHS UNLIMITED ACCESS
Each student will have 12 months unlimited access to allow you to have access to the training anytime 24/7.
Need Practical Experience?
As a bolt-on option, we offer Practice Labs as it provides users with an online lab platform to develop their practical skills in IT technologies such as CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco and VMWare.
In addition to the hardware you require, you also gain access to high quality practical exercises covering exam topics to help you to maximize your study time and increase your results. Practice Labs are highly effective and offer a cheaper alternative to setting up your own test environment.
You will gain unlimited access to the Practice Labs for 12 months- helping you to consolidate your learning and prepare you for work.
Gain access to our E-Book's Library
This bolt-on option will provide you with a wealth of research and reference material to help you make the most of your studies. Our e-book's library will serve as a great addition to your course material and provide massive savings in comparison to the cost of buying additional study books to support your learning.
For more information about our career advice services, contact us on 01707 828 8751 to speak with one of our friendly course advisors today.
A new way to pay
3 Easy Payments
on baskets between £35 and £1,000
- Pay in 3 equal payments every 30 days
- No fees, interest or credit agreement.
- Instant credit approval at checkout
- Safe and secure - you're covered through Klarna's Buyer Protection Policy.
- Easily manage payments online or through the Klarna app.
HOW TO GET STARTED?
- Add your course to basket and proceed to checkout.
- Ensure you have sufficient funds available in your card to cover the first payment.
- Select “Klarna” as your payment method and place your order.
- Your order will be dispatched as normal and the two remaining payments will be taken at 30 and 60 days.
- Klarna will send you an email confirmation and reminders when it’s time to pay.
Spread the cost up to 4 years*
on baskets over £250
- Spread the cost from 6 months up to 4 years – you choose the term
- 0% interest on terms of 6-36 months
- 9.99% interest on terms of 48 months
Representative example without 0% or 9.99% offers: Representative 18.9% APR (variable) Purchase interest rate 18.9% p.a. (variable) Assumed credit limit £1,200
- Buy now, pay in 30 days
- 3 easy payments
- Spread the cost
Look for Klarna
*Credit offered subject to financial circumstances. Must be 18. T&Cs apply.
Klarna: Subject to financial circumstances. You must be at least 18. Credit is provided by Klarna Bank AB, which is authorised and regulated by the Swedish Financial Services Authority, with limited supervision by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority in the UK. Registered office: Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden. Corporation ID number: 556737-0431. If you already have a Klarna Credit account, this purchase will be added to your balance.
Pay in 30 days: The payment period is 30 days from shipment of goods. Full terms and conditions
3 Easy Payments: A third is payable on the day of purchase. The balance is paid in two equal monthly instalments over the following two months. Open to anyone with a UK registered debit or credit card.
The payment methods Pay in 30 days and 3 Easy Payments are only available in case of a positive credit assessment. For this purpose, during the order process and handling of your purchase, we forward your data for an address and credit check to Klarna. We can only offer you the payment methods available based on the result of the credit check. General information about Klarna and the user terms per country can be found on klarna.com. Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Klarna's privacy statement.