SQL Server 2008 with Practice Lab
£195.00 including VAT (was £295.00)Save £100.00
Offer ends 31 May 2022
- Course Type Online Course
- Course Duration 35 Hours
- Course Access 12 Months
- Awarded By Microsoft
- Student Discount Card All students enrolled on this course are entitled to apply for a XO student discount card.
Although the exam(s) associated with this course has been retired by Microsoft, this course still retains value as a training resource & learners will receive a certificate of completion after completing the course.
Validate your skills in creating business intelligence solutions using SQL Server 2008. This course provides an overview of the importance of business intelligence and the capabilities provided by SQL Server 2008's technologies, including Integration Services, Reporting Services and Analysis Services.
As part of this course package, learners will also have access to an online Practice Lab to develop their practical skills whilst learning. Practice Labs makes studying for an exam or learning new technologies an engaging experience, as It offers:
- Exam based practical tasks
- Real equipment, absolutely no simulations
- Access to the latest industry technologies
- Available anytime, anywhere on any device
- Break and Reset functionality
- No hardware or licensing costs
After completing this course, you will learn the skills and knowledge required to work effectively in a professional IT environment and prepared for the Microsoft 70-448 exam. Get the skills employers are currently looking for, enrol today!
- Improve your career prospects.
- Learn valuable knowledge, skills, advice and guidance to help you achieve success.
- Study online from anywhere.
- Study at your own pace.
- Download and print your certificate of completion.
Bulk discounts are available on purchases of 10 or more courses.
If you wish to discuss a large individual order for this course, and/or would like to be invoiced in advance, please call our sales team on 0808 175 1269 to make an enquiry.
IT professionals responsible for creating business intelligence solutions using Microsoft SQL Server 2008.
By choosing online learning instead of a classroom based course, it eliminates the need for time away from work, saving you valuable time and money. It is ideal for those with tight schedules as our online courses give you 12 months unlimited access to all the course materials, so you can study at a pace that suits you. Allowing you to easily resume your studies whenever you have the time. All you need is internet connection to study, so you can study from the comfort of your home or any environment that suits you.
You'll sit an exam at a local test centre. We provide interactive quizzes after each module and a mock exam at the end of your course to ensure you're fully prepared for the real thing. Once you've passed with at least 80%, you'll be able to book your exam as a private candidate.
- Microsoft: 70-448
To make life easier, we can help you find an exam centre and give you all the information you need to secure your place. You can use the Pearson Vue Test Locator to find test centre locations near you.
Please note that the exam fees aren’t included in the course price. To find the latest exam prices, visit:
Once you’re fully prepared and ready to sit your exam, all you’ll have to do is purchase your exam voucher and schedule your exam at a test centre near you. For more information on how to schedule your exams, please visit our exams and testing page.
Got a question about exams? Contact our course advisors by email or by phone on 0808 175 1269. We're happy to help!
Our training works on all devices including Mobile phones, IPad’s, Android tablets, Macs and PC’s.
For the best viewing experience on our state-of-the-art eLearning platform we recommend an internet connection of 10Mbps or better. Please also use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your browser with Adobe Flash Player.
We've put together a list of relevant job titles you can apply for after achieving the Microsoft certification (note that some careers may require further study, training and/or work experience):
- Database Administrator
- Database Developer
- Database Analyst
Once you have achieved your certification, you'll have full access to our recruitment package for a wide range of information and advice - including:
- How to put together a killer CV, Covering Letters and Thank You emails.
- How to gain relevant work experience.
- How to prepare for interviews.
- How to understand Job adverts.
- How to choose the right recruitment agency.
- How to look for work on LinkedIn.
- Information on dealing with redundancy.
Our careers advice section is available for you to see now. For more information about our career advice services, contact us on 0808 175 1269 to speak with one of our friendly course advisors today.
Getting a Microsoft certification will always help you stand out from the crowd, now and in the future - whether you're just starting out, developing your career, or changing direction entirely.
Research by e-Skills UK has shown that IT and telecommunications now employs 1 in 20 of the UK workforce. It also suggests the digital sector will need nearly 300,000 new recruits by 2020 to meet the demand for skills in this area.
Module 1: SSIS Packages
- 1.1 Intro
- 1.2 Lesson 1 Creating SSIS Packages
- 1.3 Creating A New Package Lab
- 1.4 Data Sources Lab
- 1.5 Connections Lab
- 1.6 Lesson 2 Control Flow
- 1.7 Creating and Editing Control Flow Lab
- 1.8 Lesson 3-Part 1 Data Flow
- 1.9 Lesson 3-Part 2 Data Flow Transformations
- 1.10 Data Flow Lab
Module 2: Debugging and Error Handling in SSIS
- 2.1 Lesson 1 Debugging and Error Handling in SSIS-Part 1
- 2.2 Enable Transactions and Observe Trans Rollback Lab
- 2.3 Set Checkpoints in A Package Lab
- 2.4 Lesson 2 Debugging and Error Handling in SSIS-Part 2
- 2.5 Setting Up Constraints Lab
- 2.6 Turn On Logging Lab
- 2.7 Lesson 3 Debugging and Error Handling in SSIS-Part 3
- 2.8 Identifying Data Flow Errors Lab
Module 3: Deploying and Configuring SSIS Packages
- 3.1 Lesson 1-Part 1 Deploying
- 3.2 Lesson 1-Part 2 Sharing Ordering and Configuring
- 3.3 Create an XML Configuration Lab
- 3.4 Create A SQL Server Configuration Lab
- 3.5 Use A Property Expression to Update a Connection Lab
- 3.6 Lesson 2 Deploying an SSIS Package
- 3.7 Create and Deploy an Installer Kit Lab
Module 4: Securing and Executing SSIS Packages; Service Administration
- 4.1 Lesson 1-Part 1 Securing and Executing SSIS Packages
- 4.2 Lesson 1-Part 2 SSIS Package Security
- 4.3 Turn On Package Encryption Lab
- 4.4 Change Security Roles Lab
- 4.5 Lesson 2 Executing and Administration
- 4.6 Create and Execute a Command-Line Statement Lab
- 4.7 Execute A Package Through SQL Server Agent Lab
Module 5: Data Analysis
- 5.1 Lesson 1 SSAS Cube Development
- 5.2 Create SSAS Project Lab
- 5.3 Create A Data Source Lab
- 5.4 Create A Data Source View Lab
- 5.5 Lesson 2 Creating and Modifying SSAS Cube
- 5.6 Creating A Cube Lab
- 5.7 Using Cube Designer to Edit A Cube Structure Lab
- 5.8 Lesson 3 Creating A Dimension
- 5.9 Create A New Dimension Lab
- 5.10 Lesson 4 Creating Measure Groups and Measures
- 5.11 Add Measure Groups Lab
- 5.12 Configure Measure Groups and Measures Lab
Module 6: Extending SSAS Cubes
- 6.1 Lesson 1 Extending SSAS Cubes Part 1
- 6.2 Define Attribute Relationships Lab
- 6.3 Define User Hierarchy Lab
- 6.4 Lesson 2 Extending SSAS Cube Part 2
- 6.5 Implement The Reseller Sales KPI Lab
- 6.6 Lesson 3 Extending SSAS Cube Part 3
- 6.7 Turn On Proactive Caching Lab
Module 7: Extending SSAS Cubes
- 7.1 Lesson 1-Part 1 SSAS Storage Processing and Deployment
- 7.2 Lesson 1-Part 2 Aggregating and Enabling Proactive Caching
- 7.3 Turning On Proactive Caching Lab
- 7.4 Lesson 2 SSAS Deployment
- 7.5 Deploy Database with Deployment Wizard Lab
- 7.6 Lesson 3 Processing
- 7.7 Processing Scripts Using SQL Server Agent Lab
Module 8: Securing and Administering SSAS
- 8.1 Lesson 1 SSAS Security
- 8.2 Create A Role and Set Security Lab
- 8.3 Lesson 2 Backing Up SSAS
- 8.4 Backing Up Datain Management Studio Lab
- 8.5 Lesson 3 Managing SSAS Turning and Logging
- 8.6 Turning On Query Logging Lab
- 8.7 Lesson 4 SSAS Administering
- 8.8 Turn On and Use SQL Server Profiler
- 8.9 Monitor SSAS Performance Lab
Module 9: Working with SSAS Data Mining
- 9.1 Lesson 1-Part 1 Prepare and Creating Data Mining Structures
- 9.2 Lesson 1-Part 2 Data Mining Algorithms and Usage
- 9.3 Data Mining Wizard Lab
- 9.4 Lesson 2 Mapping Mining Structure Attributes to Source Columns
- 9.5 Create A Model from A Cube Lab
- 9.6 Lesson 3 Predictive Models
- 9.7 Lesson 4 Data Mining Security
- 9.8 Managing Permissions Lab
Module 10: Developing SSAS Reports
- 10.1 Lesson 1 Understanding SSRS Reports
- 10.2 Creating Reports Lab
- 10.3 Lesson 2 Creating A New Report Database
- 10.4 Generate More Reports Lab
- 10.5 Lesson 3 Advanced Report Object Properties-Part 1
- 10.6 Lesson 4 Advanced Report Object Properties-Part 2
Module 11: Extending and Deploying SSRS Reports
- 11.1 Lesson 1 SSRS Report Parameters
- 11.2 Create A Report Without Using Wizard Lab
- 11.3 Lesson 2 Extending SSRS Reports
- 11.4 Lesson 3 Deploying SSRS Reports
Module 12: Scheduling Deployed Reports and Data Sources
- 12.1 Lesson 1 Scheduling Reports and Subscriptions
- 12.2 Creating A New Role for SSRS Lab
- 12.3 Lesson 2 SSRS and Data Sources
- 12.4 Set Up Shared Schedule Lab
Module 13: Configuring and Administering the SSRS Server
- 13.1 Lesson 1 Installing and Configuring SSRS Server
- 13.2 Changing Settings in Configuration Manager Lab
- 13.3 Lesson 2 Administering The SSES Server and Command-Line Utilities
- 13.4 Backing Up and Restoring Encryption Keys Lab
- 13.5 Outro
EXPERT INSTRUCTOR-LED TRAINING
We only uses the industry’s finest instructors to develop our courses. They have a minimum of 15 years real-world experience and are subject matter experts in their fields. Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
QUIZZES & EXAM SIMULATORS
Our custom practice exams prepare you for your exams differently and more effectively than the traditional exam preps on the market. You will have practice quizzes after each module to ensure you are confident on the topic you have completed before proceeding. This will allow you to gauge your effectiveness before moving to the next module in your course. Our Courses also include practice exams designed to replicate and mirror the environment in the testing centre. These exams are on average 100 questions to ensure you are 100% prepared before taking your certification exam.
VISUAL DEMONSTRATIONS & MULTIMEDIA PRESENTATIONS
Our courseware includes instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations that allow students to develop their skills based on real world scenarios explained by the instructor. Our Courseware always focuses on real world scenarios and skill-set development.
NAVIGATION & CONTROLS
Our self-paced training programs are designed in a modular fashion to allow you the flexibility to work with expert level instruction anytime 24/7. All courses are arranged in defined sections with navigation controls allowing you to control the pace of your training. This allows students to learn at their own pace around their schedule.
SOCIAL LEARNING & NETWORKING
We Have designed a world class Learning Management System (LMS). This system allows you to interact and collaborate with other students, form study groups, engage in discussions in our NOW@ Forums, rate and “like” different courses and stay up to date with all the latest industry knowledge through our forums, student contributions and announcement features. This LMS is unmatched in the industry and makes learning fun and enjoyable.
FLASH CARDS & EDUCATIONAL GAMES
Our Courseware knows that education is not a one size fits all approach. Students learn in different ways through different tools. That is why we provide Flash Cards and Education Games throughout our courses. This will allow you to train in ways that keep you engaged and focused. Each course will have dozens of Flash Cards so you can sharpen your skill-sets throughout your training as well as educational games designed to make sure your retention level of the materials is extremely high.
12 MONTHS UNLIMITED ACCESS
Each student will have 12 months unlimited access to allow you to have access to the training anytime 24/7.
Need Practical Experience?
As a bolt-on option, we offer Practice Labs as it provides users with an online lab platform to develop their practical skills in IT technologies such as CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco and VMWare.
In addition to the hardware you require, you also gain access to high quality practical exercises covering exam topics to help you to maximize your study time and increase your results. Practice Labs are highly effective and offer a cheaper alternative to setting up your own test environment.
You will gain unlimited access to the Practice Labs for 12 months- helping you to consolidate your learning and prepare you for work.
Gain access to our E-Book's Library
This bolt-on option will provide you with a wealth of research and reference material to help you make the most of your studies. Our e-book's library will serve as a great addition to your course material and provide massive savings in comparison to the cost of buying additional study books to support your learning.
For more information about our career advice services, contact us on 0808 175 1269 to speak with one of our friendly course advisors today.
We make it our absolute mission to give you the training you need and the service you deserve. Hear what our students say about us...
A new way to pay
3 Easy Payments
on baskets between £35 and £1,000
- Pay in 3 equal payments every 30 days
- No fees, interest or credit agreement.
- Instant credit approval at checkout
- Safe and secure - you're covered through Klarna's Buyer Protection Policy.
- Easily manage payments online or through the Klarna app.
HOW TO GET STARTED?
- Add your course to basket and proceed to checkout.
- Ensure you have sufficient funds available in your card to cover the first payment.
- Select “Klarna” as your payment method and place your order.
- Your order will be dispatched as normal and the two remaining payments will be taken at 30 and 60 days.
- Klarna will send you an email confirmation and reminders when it’s time to pay.
Spread the cost up to 4 years*
on baskets over £250
- Spread the cost from 6 months up to 4 years – you choose the term
- 0% interest on terms of 6-36 months
- 9.99% interest on terms of 48 months
Representative example without 0% or 9.99% offers: Representative 18.9% APR (variable) Purchase interest rate 18.9% p.a. (variable) Assumed credit limit £1,200
- Buy now, pay in 30 days
- 3 easy payments
- Spread the cost
Look for Klarna
*Credit offered subject to financial circumstances. Must be 18. T&Cs apply.
Klarna: Subject to financial circumstances. You must be at least 18. Credit is provided by Klarna Bank AB, which is authorised and regulated by the Swedish Financial Services Authority, with limited supervision by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority in the UK. Registered office: Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden. Corporation ID number: 556737-0431. If you already have a Klarna Credit account, this purchase will be added to your balance.
Pay in 30 days: The payment period is 30 days from shipment of goods. Full terms and conditions
3 Easy Payments: A third is payable on the day of purchase. The balance is paid in two equal monthly instalments over the following two months. Open to anyone with a UK registered debit or credit card.
The payment methods Pay in 30 days and 3 Easy Payments are only available in case of a positive credit assessment. For this purpose, during the order process and handling of your purchase, we forward your data for an address and credit check to Klarna. We can only offer you the payment methods available based on the result of the credit check. General information about Klarna and the user terms per country can be found on klarna.com. Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Klarna's privacy statement.